Website Frog Bikes
About the company
Frog Bikes (Frog) is an innovative British bike manufacturer (based in Ascot) specialising in the development and manufacture of children’s bikes. Frog Bikes manufactures and sells the world’s most comprehensive and innovative range of light weight Children’s bikes (www.frogbikes.com).
Its company mission is to design and manufacture bikes that stores want to sell and kids want to ride. Frog Bikes stimulate children’s cycling participation by producing the lightest bikes on the market specifically designed for children.
Frog Bikes is seeking applications for an R&D Manager to join our R&D team on a full time, permanent basis. The R&D manager will be supporting the R&D and Product teams with the development and improvement of children’s bikes and bike components.
- Formulate design requirements and design briefs
- Create design solutions
- Create of 3D drawings of various bike components
- Implement and analyse mechanical stress testing
- Assemble and test bikes and components for R&D purposes
- Liaise with relevant suppliers.
- Work with the rest of the R&D and Product team
- BSc in product design, product OR mechanical engineering
- Competency in the use of 3D CAD software
- Strong knowledge of bike mechanics and bike components
- Strong innovative and creative thinking skills
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing techniques
- Appreciation of the uniqueness of children and the implications for bike components
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong team working skills
- Ability and drive to take ownership and work independently
- Strong planning and organisational skills
- Strong communication skills – written and spoken
- Work experience as a bike mechanic
- £25,000-£30,000 depending on qualifications and experience.
How to apply
Please send cover letter, portfolio and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. Job applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.