Website Recycle to Cycle (The Bike Station)
We are a social enterprise and charitable company. Now the largest recycler of bikes in the UK with 25 employees and a turnover of £750,000 our aim is a future where everyone has the opportunity for cycling and its benefits, and access to the support, advice and skills they need to keep their bike safely on the road. We refurbish donated bikes, sell them at affordable prices and use the proceeds to overcome barriers to cycling in Scotland.
Job Location: Edinburgh , Scotland
Full Time 35 hours per week. Contract , Fixed term until 31st March 2022 Competitive rates of pay.
Pension: 6% employer contribution
How to apply,
Email with CV and Covering Letter plus 2 referees
The role of the Repair Mechanic is to deliver a 1st class mechanical service as part of our mechanics team. The role is defined by displaying both enthusiasm and technical expertise for workshop services everyday.
You will be experienced with engaging and encouraging people from a range of backgrounds. You will be skilled in assessing and completing high quality repairs and have experience managing a repair diary and epos/IT systems to ensure a quality customer experience.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assess bikes for repair and servicing and complete required repairs to a high standard.
- Communicate with customers face to face, phone and email.
- Assist with day to day operation of the workshop maintaining a clean, safe working environment.
- Data input and spreadsheet analysis for repairs
- Other duties as directed by the Production Manager
- Minimum of 3 years’ professional experience as a bike mechanic
- A recognized qualification in bike maintenance and assembly
- Minimum of 3 years customer service experience
- Great communication skills
- Will work independently and as part of a team
Application is by CV, including 2 referees and a letter of interest, stating why you would like the role and outlining how you fit the person specification, to: email@example.com
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. www.thebikestation.org.uk
Deadline for applications: 12 noon Friday 26th November 2021
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.