Website The Bike Project
Title: Sales Assistant
Job Location: 313 Railton Road, Herne Hill, London, SE24 0JN
Salary: £22,000, 37.5 hours per week, 5days per week (Mon – Sun). Start date is 1st April 2020
Job Description: The Bike Project is a fun, interesting and supportive place. This is an exciting opportunity for someone who loves delivering excellent customer service and is interested in bikes, to work alongside mechanics, in a new retail team.
We particularly encourage applications from women, disabled, and Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) candidates, and those who have personal experience of being a refugee. The Bike Project is a Living Wage accredited employer.
The successful applicant will need to be able to demonstrate the following;
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a customer facing, retail environment, preferably for a bike retailer.
- Can demonstrate high levels of retail customer service and create own upselling opportunities.
- A passion for cycling and enthusiasm for engaging people.
- Demonstrate a readiness to learn and develop.
- Be approachable, polite and respectful.
- Demonstrate strong communication skills that are adaptable for different types of customers with varying levels of cycling experience.
- Though not essential, an understanding of basic bike maintenance is highly regarded.
- Though not essential, barista experience is highly regarded, though training will be provided.
- Ability to conduct all duties in a manner that is non-judgmental and respects differences.
- Shares The Bike Project’s values and ethos, and committed to The Bike Project’s vision.
How to apply: Please submit your application of CV which must be accompanied by a covering letter that addresses the person specification (no longer than one page in length) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is midnight on Wednesday 11th March. Interviews will be held on 16th and 17th March at 12 Crossthwaite Avenue, London SE5 8ET. The process will involve a technical assessment. Please allow up to 1hrs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.