Website Get Cycling CIC
We are currently looking for a trainee sales professional to work in our special needs department and take a share of the entire sales process within our York shop, including front of house appointments, demonstrations and quotes. We offer a fascinating and rewarding working environment in our growing community interest company.
Get Cycling CIC
Get Cycling CIC is a not-for-profit community interest company. We promote cycling for everyone: for leisure, transport, health, happiness and the environment.
We have a bike shop based in Fulford, York, providing services, repairs, sales and hire, to locals and visitors, as well as a national assessment and retail service providing new and refurbished cycles for our customers with disabilities throughout the UK.
We have a wide, diverse and unique range of adapted and inclusive cycles for individuals, families, and anybody needing our expertise in inclusive cycling. We have a highly skilled team of mechanics, who also offer mobile bike health check-ups, customer site fleet management services, and cycle skills and maintenance training.
With over 15 years of cycling promotion experience and 14 staff, Get Cycling has encouraged thousands of children, adults and families to take up cycling, and help keep thousands more on their bikes.
Get Cycling CIC has an associated charitable community benefit society (Get Cycling CBS), which specialised in events and support programmes nationally, mostly for the public sector.
Duties & Responsibilities
The Sales Coordinator is an integral role within the organisation, responsible for overseeing the full sales process from enquiries to after-sales support in a unique social enterprise. As part of a team of three within our disability department, you will be based mainly within our shop in York, while working alongside two office-based sales staff. Responsibilities include:
- Meet and greet for shop walk-in customers with a range of needs
- Logging and dealing with all enquiries over phone, email and social media
- Organising appointments and demonstrations
- Giving try-out opportunities and advice on cycles and adaptions
- Single and fleet sales to community groups and public sector customers
- Produce and follow up on all quotes and visits
- Organising after-sales service and repairs
- Gathering photos, stories and testimonial leads to use in marketing
- Occasional travel to customers and promotional events
- Ideas and input into marketing campaigns
- Reporting to line manager on sales, spending and forecast
- Generate leads and actively target new business opportunities
- Consistently meet and exceed monthly turnover and margin targets
- Assisting with everyday bike shop activities
Skills & Experience
Minimum of two years experience working within a sales role is essential, and retail or cycle industry background would be beneficial. A knowledge in disability cycling is not required, but an understanding of social inclusion, or social enterprises would be an advantage.
The successful candidate will have:
- Exceptional sales and customer service skills
- Capacity to develop and learn new skills
- Ability to use initiative and work under minimal supervision
- Strong and confident face to face and telephone manner
- Social awareness and clear communication skills
- A positive, supportive attitude, and pride in problem-solving
- Flexible approach to team work
- Ability to prioritise and adjust workload to the needs of the organisation.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and EFPOS skills
- Full clean drivers license preferred
You will need a good grasp of cycle technology, and be willing and able to take on board a lot of very specialised product knowledge. Due to the wide range of specialised cycles we offer, this is a trainee role and extensive training and support will be provided.
The successful candidate will need to show an ability to cope with a sometimes unpredictable work environment, and a passion to help people with all sorts of special needs, and their families, to get cycling.
This is an unusual and exciting role for someone with good social skills, a love of new and challenging work experiences, and long-term career ambitions in this area.
- Start ASAP
- Permanent, full-time 40 hours per week
- 6-month probationary period
- Annual salary of £19,500
- 28 days holiday allowance, including public holidays
- Statutory employer contribution to NEST pension scheme
- Monday to Saturday: 5 days over a 6-day working week
- Normal hours 9:00am to 5:30pm with half an hour for lunch
- Office based in York, with occasional work throughout the UK
- Family friendly workplace
- Generous staff discounts on cycles, parts and repairs
All offers of employment are conditional on satisfactory Enhanced DBS check and two recent employment references.
Please send your CV and a cover letter outlining why you are interested in this position to email@example.com.
Applications close Friday 31 July 2020.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.