Website Schwalbe Tyres UK
Schwalbe Tyres UK is part of the Schwalbe – Ralf Bohle Group, a family owned company based near Cologne, which has additional subsidiaries in Holland, France, Italy, North America and Asia. The success of the company’s SCHWALBE brand in Europe and its growing global presence, coupled with Schwalbe UK’s move to a purpose-built distribution centre located in Telford, Shropshire in May 2008 and the doubling of this facility’s storage capacity in 2013, means that the company is fully focused and capable of achieving its ambitious programme of expanding brand penetration within the UK. Due to promotion, the company wishes to invest in a top class SALES PROMOTER, who should ideally, albeit not essentially, have a comprehensive knowledge of the industry, but in any case be technically minded.
If the idea appeals to you of taking up an important role within a financially sound, international company and you are comfortable working with colleagues who are passionate about the products they create and sell, entrepreneurially spirited and single-minded about success, you will fit in very well.
A core part of our business plan is to support our wholesale distributors by promoting the SCHWALBE brand directly to retail accounts. Reporting to the Commercial and Marketing Managers and liaising with our internal sales, you will create a considered business plan demonstrating how you will grow the brand and achieve targets. You will be responsible for maintaining excellent customer relations with our extensive network of wholesale distributors and the implementation of key strategic partnerships, building and promoting SCHWALBE directly to retailers. Ideally you will be located in the Midlands as this is the area for which you will be responsible, in addition to areas in East Anglia, Wales and Ireland. You will therefore focus on introducing our brand to potential retailers, while growing and nurturing existing retail accounts on a face to face basis, helping them to understand and appreciate our varied and technical product range and also promote point of sale material including our Shop System.
This is an exciting opportunity for you to manage and lead our sales promotion as you will be instrumental in achieving company sales targets by pro-actively promoting the technical sales of products.
- Clear and effective communication and collaboration with our wholesale distribution partners
- Work from daily and weekly contact records, prioritising and making calls to and defining the customer base
- Recruit new retail accounts by gaining a clear understanding of customers’ businesses and requirements
- Maintain and develop relationships with existing retail customers via meetings, telephone calls and emails
- Ensure that each retail account is maximising their potential through close liaison with the relevant wholesale distributor
- Participate in management meetings and training that may be required to understand wider company goals and strategy
- Help reach and exceed the aims and defined targets set by the Commercial Manager / Product Manager
- Gather good product, market and customer knowledge to enhance selling abilities
- Represent the company at trade exhibitions, events and races
- Take responsibility and be accountable for the growth of the customer base
- Recognise and feed back future buying trends within the product range
- Grasp opportunities to improve business
- Be creative to overcome challenges
- Cycling-minded, energetic and self-motivated
In the first instance please send your CV and remuneration details to: email@example.com by 13/09/2019
All responses will be treated in strict confidence.
To apply for this job please visit schwalbe.co.uk .