Senior Bicycle Mechanic
We are looking for an experienced bicycle mechanic to join our busy workshop located in East London. This is a small workshop that can accommodate only two mechanics at a time. Therefore, you will need to be able to work independently, while also enjoy working closely with colleagues.
- Competitive Salary depending on experience
- 20 to 40 hours/week
- Start immediately
- 3 years+ experience in a similar environment
- Strong attention to detail
- Well organised
- Practical thinker
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to work well under pressure
- Identifying faults, damage and wear
- Repairing and/or replacing damaged or worn-out components
- Wheel truing / building
- Carrying out routine services and safety checks
- Cleaning, degreasing and lubricating bicycles and components
- Advising customers regarding work which is required
- Estimating costs (labour and parts) and providing customer quotes
- Booking in work
- Dealing with customer queries and offering product or general cycling advice
- Recycling donated bicycles
How to apply: please email email@example.com
Bikeworks is a social enterprise that uses cycling as a tool to tackle social and environmental challenges. Since opening up in 2006, we have been delivering innovative community cycling across London and the surrounding areas.
We use cycling to engage children, young people and adults, providing specialist support to disabled people – including people with a learning disability and mental health support needs. We also work with vulnerable young people, older people and their carers.
Over our 14-year history, we have supported thousands of people and changed lives. We do this through delivery of our inclusive cycling clubs, accredited employment and training programs, team building challenges, public bike maintenance, cycle training and much more.
As a social enterprise, we reinvest our profits made from our commercial services back into our community programs.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.