Senior Mechanical Engineer Job
Tailfin | Bristol | Salary: Competitive & based on experience
At Tailfin, we design, engineer and manufacture technical bikepacking equipment.
Based in the heart of Bristol, we’re a small but growing team of bike lovers who are passionate about the outdoors, innovation and breaking the status quo.
Your role will offer you the perfect opportunity to lead projects and use your engineering knowledge to offer innovative solutions to bring products from concept through to manufacture and beyond.
As we continue to grow as a company, we can offer you a multitude of projects to be involved in and the opportunity for you to develop as an individual.
- A passion for bicycles and a love of the outdoors
- Highly creative and highly technical in many of the following areas:
- concept generation
- detailed mechanism design
- mechanics and FEA simulation
- developing test rigs and product testing
- manufacturing processes
- design for high and low volume manufacturing
- Transfer to manufacture
- Practical prototype making skills to make use of our equipment including 3D printer, laser cutter and lots of other tools for quickly carrying out real-world testing of ideas
- Track record of leading projects from concept through to production, taking responsibility for quality, time and cost.
- Background in one of the following environments: technical/design consultancy; technology start-up; new product development/engineering department
- Good degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- Confidence and ability to present your concepts and ideas in a team environment
- Self starter, conscientious and an ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Willingness to travel and meet suppliers in Asia
- Ideally based in Bristol, as we feel working together always works better and you can be part of a growing culture and get involved with team rides and social events.
- Expert user of Solidworks (or similar CAD programme)
- Expert user of Excel
- Adobe Suite Skills could be of benefit (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD)
How to Apply
Please submit a covering letter about yourself, why you would be a good fit for the team, and a detailed CV/Portfolio showcasing your work.
Send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.