Service Centre Bike Assembly Mechanic
Reporting to the Service Centre Team Leader
(Temporary contract for 6 weeks with potential for extension)
Established in Nottingham in 1887 Raleigh is one of the world’s oldest and best-known bicycle brands. We are part of the Accell Group, a European based company, who own a collection of bicycle and accessory brands throughout Europe.
Today Raleigh supplies the UK market with the major industry-leading bicycle brands of Raleigh, Haibike and Lapierre, as well as an exciting and extensive portfolio of accessories such as Saris, SRAM, Moon and Schwalbe.
Our partnership with the Accell Group allows us to share knowledge, technology and innovations between brands to deliver the best possible product for our customers.
We are seeking a Service Centre Bike Assembly Mechanic to complete build and pre delivery inspection of consumer bikes, ensuring cycle industry quality standards are met.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Perform final assembly and adjustment of bikes prior to delivery.
- Problem solving in collaboration with the Service Centre Team Leader.
- Raise quality issues found on bikes with the Service Centre Team Leader and help provide solutions for 8D reporting.
- Ensure safe operation of equipment, manual handling and follow general Health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure work areas are maintained and work is carried out using 5S methodology: Sort, Set, Shine, Standardise and Sustain.
- Any other reasonable duties within the scope of the role.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- Good bicycle technical knowledge and ideally an understanding of the Raleigh UK Bicycle range.
- Demonstratable experience in bicycle assembly.
- Cytech Level 2 (or equivalent) preferred, but not essential.
- Good knowledge of bicycle electrical motors and components of e-bike systems. (Training provided).
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Competitive salary package
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory holidays for full-time employees
- Company defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Staff discount on bicycles and Parts and Accessories (after qualifying period)
- As part of the Cycle to Work Scheme we will pay you to ride to work
- Free Electric Car Charging on site
If you feel this role is for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply including your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Monday 10 May 2021
To apply for this job please visit raleigh.co.uk .