As the most well-known UK bicycle brand, we aren’t resting on our laurels but are, after a highly successful year, planning further growth in 2019.
If you think this is just about Raleigh, then think again! As part of Accell Group, Europe’s leading bicycle and cycling accessories business, we now offer exciting new marques like French performance brand Lapierre, market leading eMTB bikes from Haibike in addition to our established brands Raleigh and Diamondback.
Our strengths do not stop at bikes. We also offer an extensive parts & accessories portfolio of highly desirable brands such as Sram, Rock Shox, Saris, Powertap, Bont, NamedSports, GripGrab, UVEX, Moon, Pedros, Continental to name just a few.
Based in our Distribution Centre in Eastwood, Nottinghamshire you will report to the Consumer Service Manager. As the Service Centre Team Leader, you will manage the workshop and co-ordinate pre-delivery inspection and be responsible for inspecting customer parts and accessories and bike returns.
Key duties and responsibilities include:
- Manage a team of 4 mechanics including workload planning for building and inspecting bikes, parts and accessories.
- Receipt, assessment and repair of parts and accessories returned from consumers and dealers.
- Receipt, assessment and repair of bikes returned from consumers and dealers.
- Handling of warranty claims from consumers and customers, clearly communicating results of all claims with the customer / internal sale and technical teams.
- Assist in the analysis and reporting on returns as well as updating knowledge base and product information system to ensure errors are fixed.
- Full testing of all returned motors, wheels, turbo trainers, lights, batteries and electrical items before returning to suppliers for credits.
- Process supplier claims on the supplier portals and reconcile goods return Vs credits received.
- Raise any quality issues found on items with the quality team and help provide solutions for 8D reporting.
- Assess soiled, faulty and minor-damaged items.
- Create work orders and schedule in the ERP system.
- Maintenance of stock recording system, credit notes and returned product processing system.
- Assist as required in the warehouse on re-assembly and repackaging of product as specified.
- Ensure safe operation of equipment, manual handling and follow general Health and safety guidelines.
- Ensure work areas are maintained and work is carried out using 5S methodology: Sort, Set, Shine, Standardise and Sustain.
- Use of Bosch, shimano, emotion, transx and Yamaha diagnostics software for fault finding and diagnosing ebike parts.
- Any other duties within the scope of the role as required by the business.
To be successful in this role you must have excellent technical bicycle knowledge and ideally a detailed understanding of the Raleigh UK Bikes and the Parts & Accessories range.
You will have a Cytec, or similar qualification and experience. A knowledge of electrical motors and components of ebike systems is desired, with training provided if necessary. Strong Excel and IT skills are essential.
You must have the ability to lead by example, drive change, strong organisational and time management skills, and be self-motivated with the ability to problem solve and see jobs through to conclusion. You will communicate effectively and have a clear passion for providing the very best service. If you can deliver all this, we would like to hear from you.
Please apply including a full CV stating your current salary to firstname.lastname@example.org
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.