Title: Service Manager
Job Location: Milton Keynes
Deadline: We are looking for someone to start ASAP and will be reviewing applications in real time.
If the role and company we’ve described in this advert sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject Title: MK Service Manager Application. In your cover letter include your answer to these 3 questions:
- What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
- What excites you about nextbike / bike share?
- How do you approach managing a team?
Deadline: We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and will be reviewing applications as they come in.
Nextbike is a designer, manufacturer, supplier and operator of public cycle hire schemes. Founded in Leipzig, Germany in 2004, the company has grown rapidly from a small bike hire scheme with 20 bikes to a truly global operation with schemes in over 300 cities across 26 countries worldwide and over 90,000 bikes. We all work to achieve a common goal: to change the cityscape across the United Kingdom and the world.
In the UK, we have schemes in Stirling, Glasgow, University of Swansea, University of Surrey, Milton Keynes, Cardiff, Penarth, Brunel University London, Exeter and Belfast. We are looking for an energetic and experienced Service Manager to manage our Santander Cycles MK bike share scheme. The successful candidate should be based out of Milton Keynes.
As Service Manager for Santander Cycles MK, you’ll be in charge of a fleet of 500 bikes and a team of 3-5 mechanics and redistributors. We’re looking for someone with management experience to help lead team and provide a high-quality riding experience for our customers.
*We are always on the lookout for qualified mechanics and drivers (redistributors). If you’re interested in joining as a mechanic or driver, please also get in touch with us.
**Note: Applicants who do not submit a cover letter as described in the To Apply section will not be considered.
- Explore and develop new processes to increase efficiency of the system
- Build, lead, train and discipline a service team of 3-5 employees, including developing /reviewing / updating training manuals with HQ
- Coordinate staff rotas to ensure adequate cover of the scheme 7 days per week
- Oversee the daily operations of the facility and employees
- Provide a safe and inclusive working environment for employees
- Ensure a high quality of service through continuous monitoring and development of employees
- Monitor scheme performance through reporting and ensure KPIs are being met
- When KPIs are not met, create and implement detailed and thorough troubleshooting plans to adjust operations to meet them, with support from HQ
- Ability to respond quickly and decisively to unexpected situations
- Manage warehouse stock ensuring accurate levels at all times and submit spare parts requests to ensure stock availability
- Manage Health & Safety for the warehouse, vehicle fleet and employees
- Use our internal management software to monitor and manage bike fleet and associated tasks
- Use Jira to submit IT tickets
- Create weekly and monthly reports for different stakeholders
- Complete police reports
- Track system expenses
- Work with HQ to plan expansions
- Work with and communicate information back to HQ
- Assist HQ marketing department with stories / pictures / videos of the system
- Represent nextbike to customers, clients, sponsor and other partners and at events in Milton Keynes
- Finding local suppliers for bike parts and warehouse equipment and other services in case necessary
- Supervisory / management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Operations experience
- Ability to learn new software platforms quickly
- Good level of IT literacy
- High level of proficiency in excel
- Willing to be hands on and work in the field on equipment
- Troubleshooting skills
- Valid driver’s license
- Good understanding of Milton Keynes geography
- Mechanical aptitude
- Experience with Atlassian software
- Comfortable driving a long wheel base vehicle
- Ability to bike or willingness to learn
- Understanding of sustainable transport field
- Awareness of cycling culture in Milton Keynes
- Quick learner and a self-starter
- Friendly, reliable, trustworthy, and honest
- Team worker and natural leader
- Ability to work under pressure and stress
- Ability to complete tasks to a high standard
- Good interpersonal skills
- Highly detail oriented and organised person
- People management skills
- Monday – Friday or Tuesday – Saturday or Sunday – Thursday or Saturday – Wednesday
- 25 hours / week (additional hours may be considered)
- Occasional weekend and evening work may be required.
- Salary: Competitive
- 22 days holiday + 8 bank holidays (or 8 days in lieu as required) (pro-rata)
- Free access to nextbike schemes across the UK
- 2 free annual memberships for family / friends
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nextbike is committed to being an equal opportunities organisation. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination across race, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, ethnicity, age, disability, relationship status, parental status. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You should be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to nextbike’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Part-time hours: 25 per week (additional hours may be considered)
Expected start date: ASAP
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.