Reporting to the Logistics Manager
Established in Nottingham in 1887 Raleigh is one of the world’s oldest and best-known bicycle brands. We are part of the Accell Group, a European based company, who own a collection of bicycle and accessory brands throughout Europe.
Today Raleigh supplies the UK market with the major industry-leading bicycle brands of Raleigh, Haibike and Lapierre, as well as an exciting and extensive portfolio of accessories such as Saris, SRAM, Moon and Schwalbe.
Our partnership with the Accell Group allows us to share knowledge, technology and innovations between brands to deliver the best possible product for our customers.
To support the Logistics Manager in leading and maintaining real time effective flow of the operational requirements of the Distribution Centre, safely and efficiently, both short and long term. Proactively seeking to maximise performance at all times by process improvement that will cover Inventory, receiving and despatch methods, and use preventative action to reduce any risk of measures that may have a negative effect on the business objectives. You will promote and foster a culture of working safely and support the development of teams and the individuals within it.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
- Manage the operational day-to-day activities including people as well as processes within the Distribution Centre.
- Ensure the correct resources are deployed successfully to complete all tasks, i.e. people, equipment etc.
- To promote a safe working environment and ensure safe working practices are adhered to taking appropriate action in line with company procedures in the event of health & safety breaches.
- Be responsible for maintaining Health & safety records and use Lean Methodology to assist in improving the process with Gemba walks to assess the 5s process.
- Attend Health & Safety Meetings to report on accidents/incidents and near misses.
- To proactively identify and flag problems and to ensure these problems are resolved with the minimum of disruption to customer service levels.
- To motivate teams and foster a positive working environment through regular communication with providing feedback, encouraging ideas, developing skills, understanding concerns and celebrating success.
- To monitor performance of individuals and teams, providing feedback, coaching and mentoring and training to facilitate improvement and development.
- To support the Logistics Manager in managing absence, through monitoring, conducting return to work interviews and absence management meetings.
- To support the Logistics Manager in managing poor conduct through the Company Disciplinary Policy and Procedure.
- To promote and create a continuous improvement culture through identifying areas for improvement.
- To undertake as hoc projects as required.
- To deputize for the Logistics Manager as required.
- Any other reasonable duties within the scope of the role.
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
- A minimum of three years previous experience of managing a shift within a manufacturing or distribution or similar environment.
- Managing People, including absence, performance and disciplinary experience are essential.
- Excellent Communication skills both written and verbal are essential
- Management Qualification (preferably level 3 or above)
- Excellent IT Skills essential, including a working knowledge and understanding of ERP Systems.
- IOSH or similar health & safety management qualification.
- An interest in Cycling would be advantageous.
- Able to shift work between the hours of 8am to 10pm (no weekends)
- Competitive salary package – £30K depending on experience
- 25 days annual holiday plus 8 statutory holidays for full-time employees
- Company Defined Contribution Pension Scheme
- Staff discount on bicycle related products including cycle to work benefits
- Electric vehicle charging points
If you feel this role is for you, we would love to hear from you. Please apply including your CV, covering letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: Friday 15 January 2021
To apply for this job please visit raleigh.co.uk .