Website Pedal Progression
Job Title: Shop/Hire Centre Manager
Job Purpose: The shop/ hire centre manager will recruit, lead, motivate and develop a team of staff to deliver high quality customer service whilst ensuring the smooth running of centre and shop operations to create a high quality customer experience across all products and services we offer to maximise profit.
- Ensuring smooth running of all hire and shop business operations
- Managing the shop team to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Keep store stocked with appropriate stock levels whilst having input on stocked products, stock taking and managing shrinkage
- Keep shop environment welcoming, tidy, clean and well organised
- Ensuring that process and procedures keep the shop running safely and smoothly with a high level of procedural compliance
- Work closely with other management team and coaching staff to ensure that coaching products and bookings are well organised, efficient and growth focussed
- Working with workshop staff to ensure the workshop is run efficiently, ‘broken’ hire bikes are kept to a minimum and repair business is profitable and growth focussed
- Cashing up and daily/ weekly reconciliation to ensure financial records are kept accurate
- Weekly and monthly sales forecasting
- Organising staff rota, recruitment and staff performance management
- Overseeing social media schedule and email marketing (Facebook, Instagram, Mailchimp)
- Evolving the products and services of business and thinking in innovative ways to meet the changing needs of our customers and customer demands.
Essential Skills, Experience, Personal qualities:
We are looking for someone who has energy to succeed, push the site forward and maximise opportunities, you’ll be energetic, positive, customer and performance focussed. You’ll be able to demonstrate that you have the following skills, experience and personal qualities.
- Able to deliver personable, efficient and accurate customer service advice
- Love of mountain biking and cycling generally
- Desire to promote inclusive attitude to mountain biking
- Very high-level organisational skills
- Proven experience of leading successful team in cycle retail or similar
- Experience of working independently and within successful sales teams
- Experience of driving sales growth through efficient operations
- Able to demonstrate a positive, customer focussed approach to problem-solving
- Experience of managing various social media channels
- Use of Microsoft Office, Google workspace packages.
- Experience of basic bookkeeping using cloud based package (Xero, QuickBooks or similar)
- Experience of Mailchimp email marketing
- Experience of WordPress and website development
- Experience of content creation for social media
- Mountain bike coaching/ guiding/ first aid qualifications
- Experience of event management.
Salary, Working Hours & Benefits:
Salary based on experience, weekend work will be required.
- 28 days holiday a year
- Access to trade all accounts
- Working in a beautiful setting that overlooks the bustle of the city
- Leading an award-winning business
- Opportunities to grow the business and skillset
To apply for this job please visit www.pedalprogression.com.