Website Saddleback Ltd
If you’re passionate about cycling, have well-established cycle industry relationships, a proven track record in sales for leading luxury road and MTB cycling brands, like the idea of getting to play with the latest kit and attending cycling events, our Southern Area Manager role could be the ideal job for you.
About the role
Saddleback is the UK home of some of cycling’s leading performance brands including Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, Moots, Troy Lee Designs and Sidi. We’re looking for a Southern Area Manager to join our professional and dedicated Sales team to manage regional accounts, fostering long-term strategic relationships with retailers, identify potential growth areas and build on partnerships to maximise the market share and presentation of the elite performance brands within the Saddleback portfolio.
The ideal candidate for this dynamic role will have a strong knowledge of elite cycling products and a passion for brand education. You will ideally be located in the above territory in order to undertake regular visits to our dealers and ensure Saddleback brands are displayed to the highest standards.
The role will predominantly see you on the road visiting retailers, but with regular visits to our head office in Yate, 10 miles northeast of Bristol / 15 miles northwest of Bath.
Reporting to the National Sales Manager you will:
- Expand the sale of the elite performance products within the Saddleback portfolio in line with company targets.
- Build and deliver a strategy to meet company objectives in the market.
- Build and maintain long-term relationships with retailers.
- Manage territory accounts whilst delivering business consultancy to retailers.
- Identify brand presentation initiatives, maintaining brand presentation and experience to the highest possible standards.
- Deliver product and sales training to Saddleback retailers.
- Represent the company values of Saddleback and be a brand ambassador within your territory.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in specialist cycle retailer bike and P&A sales.
- In-depth knowledge of the UK bicycle P&A market including up to date product knowledge and relationships.
- A proven track record in sales and preferably account management in the field, within the UK bike market.
- A full, mainly clean, driving license.
- Being a keen and regular road and off-road rider is greatly beneficial to the role.
This is a full-time role, based primarily externally, working 40 hours per week. A degree of flexible working will be required to support the role.
Currently celebrating our 15th year, Saddleback is a family-owned cycling distribution business with around 60 employees. We are proud to have leading names such as 3T, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, HJC, Intense Cycles, Moots, Push, Peaty’s, Sidi, Silca, Stages, Troy Lee Designs and Wolf Tooth within our portfolio of the world’s premier road and MTB brands.
You’ll be joining a company full of real cycling enthusiasts at our premises in Yate, 10 miles northeast of Bristol / 15 miles northwest of Bath. We have a friendly, relaxed office atmosphere a little away from the hubbub of central Bristol with plenty of great lunchtime rides on our doorstep.
- Highly competitive salary.
- Realistic bonus structure.
- Company vehicle & all tools required to fully perform this role.
- Company cash health plan and pension scheme available.
- The chance to join one of the UK’s premier cycle industry companies.
- Work with a great bunch of cycling aficionados
If you would like to apply for this role, please submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
We regret that due to the volume of applications we are only able to contact candidates who make it to the interview stage.
Closing date for applications – 30th October 2019
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.