Website Evans Cycles
Title: Supervisor Technician
Job Location: Milton Keynes
How to apply: https://www.sportsdirect.com/jobs
You will have supervisory and technical cycling responsibility within your store, ensuring that your role supports the rest of the store management team with the day to day management, alongside using your technical skills to repair and build customer bikes.
Through previous experience or pure passion for Cycles, you will support the daily workload of our workshops, ensuring scheduled services are booked and completed, and customers new bikes are built and collected; all whilst engaging with our customers and supporting them from purchasing their first bike, right up to our elite athletes that pop in for a chat.
As a Supervisor Technician you will get the luxury of mixing technical cycling mechanic skills and retail operations together.
Key Result Areas and Competencies:
- Support with daily workload and delegation to team for both Shop floor and Workshop
- Supervise work, check completion and deliver to expectation set by line manager
- Understand all process and procedures and set the example for others
- Demonstrate good practice with seasonal guidelines, campaigns and merchandising principles
- Support with maintaining store environment and housekeeping standards
- Support senior management to coach the team
- Cytech Level 2 qualification (or equivalent) or completion of the Evans Cycles qualification
- Understand and comply with all health and safety procedures
- Understand how to check, assemble and correctly build bikes, undertake repairs and all levels of service
- Manage the booking process for services and repairs
- Consistently meet agreed build and servicing targets
- Complete safety checks and fit accessories
- Advise and recommend products and services to suit customer need and budget
- Use skills and knowledge to drive workshop KPI’s
- Experience of leading a team within a retail environment would be beneficial
- Understanding of how to assemble bikes and/or passion for cycling
- Ability to drive sales through excellent service
- Ability to motivate a team with effective communication
To apply for this job please visit www.sportsdirect.com.