Website Pedal Progression
Job Title: Trainee Mountain Bike Skills Coach – Bristol
Job Purpose: To support Pedal Progression coaching and guiding activities. To grow to become trained in leading groups and coaching clients, using our specific teaching methods. You will progress through our coaching pathway until you are ready to lead complex adult sessions alone. You may also be required to coach children through our Skills Academy.
- Greet customers and quickly establish their needs
- Learn shop process and procedure so you can serve customers if needed
- To support guided rides
- To develop your leadership and coaching skills under the guidance of our head coach to be able to guide and coach 1-to-1 and group skills sessions
- Deliver skills sessions as required and complete customer feedback after
- To adhere to all health and safety implications of the working environment and mountain bike leadership.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Proficient mountain bike rider. You don’t need to be a pro racer or be able to hit a 40 foot double to be a great coach! You will however be expected to demonstrate the elements you are coaching
- Desire to learn, become a better rider yourself and pass this on to others
- Passionate, personable, approachable, articulate
- Problem solver
- Able to communicate complex movement concepts and techniques in an easy to understand and effective manner.
- British Cycling Level 2 mountain bike leader qualification or equivalent
- 16 hour outdoor first aid
- Experience of sports coaching or teaching/mentoring (kids & adults)
- Experience of working in retail, service industry or customer facing role
- Ability to write blogs and create social media content.
If you do not have leadership qualifications but are wanting to become a coach, we will still consider your application. We are willing to mentor and support the right person to enable them to become a key member of our coaching and guiding team.
Salary, Working Hours & Benefits:
Salary based on experience, weekend work will be required.
- Access to trade all accounts
- Staff bike to coach on
- Coaching kit – bag, clothing, tools etc
- Content creation days, riding for the camera
- Working in a beautiful setting that overlooks the bustle of the city
- Opportunities to grow the business and your skillset
To apply for this job please visit www.pedalprogression.com.