Website Recycle to Cycle (The Bike Station)
We are a social enterprise and charitable company. Now the largest recycler of bikes in the UK with 25 employees and a turnover of £750,000 our aim is a future where everyone has the opportunity for cycling and its benefits, and access to the support, advice and skills they need to keep their bike safely on the road. We refurbish donated bikes, sell them at affordable prices and use the proceeds to overcome barriers to cycling in Scotland.
Job Location: Edinburgh , Scotland
Full Time 35 hours per week.
Pension: 6% employer contribution
How to apply,
Email with CV and Covering Letter plus 2 referees
Based in Edinburgh, the training lead will be part of the skill development team and oversee the day-to-day activity within the skills development team. The role is responsible for the development and delivery of The Bike Station training programme both off and online. This may also include but not limited to leading on the delivery of Velotech mechanic classes and general maintenance classes. Additionally this role will carry out refurbishments of Bikes when skills sessions are not going ahead
Responsibilities and Duties
- Refurbish donated bicycles to high standard and sale-able condition
- work with the communities manager to develop and deliver training and development for all new and existing staff
- Lead on development of Velotech and other cycling related training content for on and offline sessions
- Lead on delivery of The Bike Station’s on and offline training courses
- Assist with day to day operation of the Skills development programme.
- Develop new training materials to improve the Bike Station Training offer
- Supporting staff to deliver training in Perth
- Data input and spreadsheet analysis on training requirements
- reporting on customer and team feedback on training activities
- Other duties as directed by the Communities Manager
- Minimum of 5 years’ professional experience as a bike mechanic
- A recognized qualification in bike maintenance and assembly
- Significant experience of delivering training to a range of audiences
- Minimum of 5 years customer service experience
- Exceptional communication skills
- Will work independently and as part of a team
- Experience working with youth groups in a training setting
- Driving Licence desirable but not essential.
Application is by CV, including 2 referees and a letter of interest, stating why you would like the role and outlining how you fit the person specification, to: firstname.lastname@example.org
We welcome applications from all sections of the community. www.thebikestation.org.uk
To apply for this job please visit thebikestation.org.uk .