Silverfish are a leading UK based importer and distributor dealing with an extensive range of products including some of the finest bikes, components, clothing and accessory manufacturers in the world. Silverfish have been supplying performance driven products to the best bike shops in the UK since 1999 and as a company we continue to grow. We pride ourselves on our range of high-quality products and the quality service we offer our customers.
Silverfish has a vacancy for an experienced Warranty Service Technician to support our Warranty and Technical Service functions. This will be a challenging role as the successful candidate will be highly experienced in all aspects of cycle mechanics, wheel servicing and wheel building. They will also have a proven track record in providing high class customer service as well as a knowledge of our products and the services that we currently offer.
Duties and Responsibilities
Duties will include:
- To process all warranties within the given time-frames using the company’s best practice for all brands.
- Carry out additional warranty tasks and process any outstanding claims as directed by the Warranty Manager.
- Repair or service our cycles and associated components such as hydraulic brakes, dropper seat posts and gear systems.
- Build, repair and service wheels to the highest standard under tight deadlines and using the correct technical documentation.
- Preparing cycles (PDI) and components for sale, shows or demonstrations.
- To process customer returns in a timely manner following the defined processes.
- Provide feedback on product updates or changes to ‘key’ departments within Silverfish.
- Keeping areas including workshop and workshop tools clean and tidy and in serviceable condition.
- Any other duties as specified by the Warranty Manager.
The successful candidate will have wide-ranging work shop experience covering all disciplines. Sound working knowledge of current full suspension mountain bike technology is desirable. Possess good knowledge and experience of working with wheel systems such as Easton, Shimano, Mavic, Race Face and e13. They will also have a sound understanding of Shimano and SRAM gear systems including developing technologies such as electronic group sets.
- Good numeracy and literacy skills, capable of writing detailed technical reports to retail customers, dealers and suppliers
- Proactive, innovative and able to work unsupervised
- A customer focus and good communication skills
- Quick to learn and adapt to new technical advances
- Ability to repair/service both hydraulic and pneumatic cycling equipment
- Demonstrable wheel repair and building skills
- Organised and able to prioritise and manage own workload
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- IT literate – Outlook/Excel
- At least two years working in a similar role using modern technology
- Cytech Level 3 Certificate including the advanced Wheel Building Qualification.
- Experience with electronic group sets such as DI2/EPS(set-up, frame builds)
- Experience in working with major brands such as Shimano/SRAM/Mavic in a similar role
Salary and Benefits
- Hours (based on core office hours of 35.75 per week although appointees will be expected to work outside these hours where necessary):
- Monday – Thursday: 09:15-17:30hrs
- Friday: 09:15-14:30hrs
- Annual leave: 22 days (paid) plus bank holidays extending with length of service
- The post holder can also take advantage of the following:
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounted purchase scheme (details will follow to the successful applicant)
To apply please email a full CV (detailing current salary/package) and a covering note outlining your reasons for interest and suitability to Sarah.Laing@silverfish-uk.com by no later than 12.00 noon on Friday, 26th April 2019.
To apply for this job email your details to Sarah.Laing@silverfish-uk.com.