Website Nextbike UK Ltd
If the role and company we’ve described in this advert sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you. To apply, please email your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the Subject Title: Workshop Manager Application. In your cover letter include your answer to these 3 questions:
- What makes you the right person for this opportunity?
- What excites you about nextbike / bike share?
- How do you approach managing a team?
Deadline: We are looking for someone to start as soon as possible and will be reviewing applications as they come in.
About the Position
Nextbike is a designer, manufacturer, supplier and operator of public bike hire schemes. Founded in Leipzig, Germany in 2004, the company has grown rapidly from a small bike hire scheme with 20 bikes to a truly global operation with schemes in nearly 300 cities across 26 countries worldwide and over 50,000 bikes. Nextbikers all share a common goal: to change the cityscape across the United Kingdom and the world.
Our Cardiff and Penarth scheme (sponsored by OVO) includes over 1000 bikes (pedal and electric) across more than 100 docking stations in Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan. We recently expanded the e-bike fleet from 50 to 100 e-bikes, launching new electric stations in Cardiff after initially starting with the Vale.
As Workshop Manager for OVO Bikes Cardiff and the Vale, you’ll be in charge of a fleet of over 1000 bikes and a team of 6-8 mechanics, ranging from trainees to highly experienced mechanics. We’re looking for a passionate and highly skilled electric and pedal bike mechanic with management experience to help guide the mechanic team and provide a high-quality riding experience for our customers.
*We are always on the lookout for qualified mechanics and drivers (redistributors). If you’re interested in joining as a standard mechanic or driver, please also get in touch with us.
- Responsible for the safety and quality of all pedal bikes and e-bikes in the scheme.
- Build, lead, train and discipline a mechanic team of 6-8 employees.
- Manage a training program in order to upskill trainees.
- Develop / review / update training manuals with HQ.
- Oversee the daily operations of the workshop facility and employees, including coordinating mechanic staff rotas to ensure adequate cover of the scheme 7 days per week.
- Monitor team output and performance through planned and adhoc review.
- Manage warehouse stock ensuring accurate levels at all times and submit spare parts requests to ensure stock availability.
- Assembly and pre-delivery inspection (PDI) of new bikes.
- Repair and servicing of bikes to the highest possible standards at all times.
- Diagnose required services, fault find and service bikes to enable them to return to the fleet in a safe and fully operational condition.
- Work in tandem with the distribution team to ensure a smooth incoming/outgoing workflow and understand what is happening to bikes on the street.
- Explore and develop new processes to increase efficiency of the mechanic team and workshop.
- Provide formal technical feedback on equipment to HQ including colleagues in Germany.
- Document accident reports.
- Create a safe and tidy working environment and ensure the workshop follows safety protocols and provide a safe and inclusive working environment for employees.
- Manage COSHH protocols, with assistance from Health & Safety Manager
- Support the Service Manager as needed and when they are on holiday.
- Supervisory / management experience;
- Minimum Cytech 2 qualifications;
- 6 years of pedal bike mechanic experience and 2 years of experience working with e-bike systems (Shimano and Bosch ideal);
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to learn new software platforms quickly;
- Good level of IT literacy and proficiency in excel;
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Experience managing a trainee / upskilling mechanic program;
- Comfortable driving a long wheel base vehicle;
- Health & safety qualifications / experience.
- Quick learner and a self-starter;
- Friendly, reliable, trustworthy and honest;
- Team worker and natural leader;
- Ability to work under pressure and stress;
- Ability to complete tasks to a high standard and implements quality control in the workshop;
- Highly detail oriented and organised person.
- Tuesday – Saturday
- 40 hours / week
- Occasional evening work may be required.
- Competitive salary starting at 24K
- 30 days holiday
- NEST Pension Plan
- Free access to nextbike schemes across the UK
- 2 free annual memberships for family / friends
Equal Opportunities Statement
Nextbike is committed to being an equal opportunities organisation. We are committed to promoting equal opportunities and preventing discrimination across race, sex, sexual orientation, religion or belief, gender, gender reassignment, ethnicity, age, disability, relationship status, parental status. This policy applies both to service delivery and to its own employment practices. You should be willing and able to demonstrate commitment to nextbike’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.