Website Trek Bicycle Corporation
Workshop Manager – Sheffield
About the Company
Headquartered in Waterloo, Wisconsin, USA Trek Bicycle Corporation is a global leader in the design and manufacturing of bicycles and related products. From the original hand-built steel touring frames introduced in 1976 to the revolutionary OCLV Carbon first introduced in 1992, Trek’s passion for innovation, quality, and performance leads the industry with next-generation thinking and cutting-edge technology.
Trek bikes have been used to climb mountains, cross streets and compete in cycling’s grandest event, the Tour de France. Today, with a broad range of bicycles and cycling products under the Trek, Bontrager and Electra brand names, Trek continues to pursue new ways to bring the joy of cycling to all people. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation and inspiration.
The company has grown about 70% in a decade and has sales of USD1.2bn. Trek bicycles are marketed through 1,700 dealers across North America, subsidiaries in Europe and Asia as well as distributors in 90 countries worldwide. Trek bicycles are also raced worldwide at the highest level by Trek’s Factory Racing team.
Position: Workshop Manager
Location: Sheffield, S36
Job Type: Full Time
Reporting to: Store Manager
About the role:
Our Trek Bicycle Store Sheffield is seeking an individual to lead a qualified and experienced Workshop Manager to manage our busy workshop. The successful person will manage all aspects of the workshop including 2 part-time mechanics. This is a positive and successful team who offer excellent hospitality to all our customer and who enjoy riding bikes.
The Workshop Manager is accountable to ensure that bikes leave the workshop ready for optimum performance and ensure the workshop team offer great customer service, as well as demonstrating exceptional technical knowledge.
- To supervise the repair, check and service used bikes ready for sale as appropriate.
- Opening/Closing the Trek workshop and deputising for the Store Manager in their absence.
- Overseeing the running of the workshop, ensuring that cover is in place for the opening hours
- Ensuring that all team members understand the scope of the project as well as what they are individually responsible for.
- To take responsibility for all equipment and tools and to ensure these are stored safely and appropriately.
- To monitor and ensure that a workshop inventory is kept up to date.
- To work with Volunteers, Project Placements, partners and community groups to promote cycling, recycling and training opportunities.
In addition to fantastic opportunities for career development we offer:
- Friendly and inclusive working environment
- A highly competitive total reward benefits package including:
- 25 days annual leave per annum (plus bank holidays)
- Matched pension contributions
- Medical Cashplan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Rewards and incentives
- Regular firm wide events
If you would like to apply for the above role, please visit the below link and attach your CV and cover letter detailing why you are right for this position:
No agencies please.
To apply for this job please visit app.jobvite.com.