This is a field-based role reporting directly to the Sales Director, you will be responsible for generating sales growth and development of an account portfolio through regular dealer visits along with developing new business. The ideal candidate will already live in the area.
Responsibilities and Duties
· Managing, developing the sales growth of a portfolio of existing dealers on a regular call plan basis
· Identify and establish new dealers in accordance with company guidelines
· Effective time management and planning
· Management of online calendar
· Daily updating of CRM system with outcome of visits
· Weekly liaison with Sales Director to review performance of area, action points, call planning etc
· Travelling extensively with overnight stays as required
· Attendance at demo events and trade/consumer events
Qualifications and Skills
This role will suit someone with:
· Proven sales account management experience in the cycle trade
· Highly motivated and determined
· Excellent communication skills – a people person
· A natural ability to identify sales opportunities
· Excellent customer service skills
· Good written and spoken English
· Good organisational and administrative skills
· Accuracy and attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
· Proactivity and a good work ethic
· Good computer skills
· An interest in cycling and have experience in the industry
Velobrands Ltd is a young, expanding distributor and brand owner/manager of premium cycling parts and accessory brands, including chapeau! Juice Lubes, Kask, and our INMO software platform. We manufacture products and import from all over the world, supplying trade and end consumers internationally. Our existing team is highly motivated, and everyone enjoys a large amount of trust and autonomy in their role. We employ people who are able to self-manage – and trust them to do what is expected, not needing micro-management. We will reward accordingly, and support each individual’s personal development needs and ambitions.
The role is hopefully self-explanatory, and encompasses the duties you would expect for such a position, including the general requirement to be a team player and lend a hand wherever needed. We aren’t corporate and rigid – as long as what needs to be done gets done on time and to a high standard and works with the whole team, we will be quite flexible on how you get there.
For the right candidate who is willing to take responsibility and demonstrate their ability to deliver, the role can grow into something more senior as the business grows.
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to John McVey – Sales Director firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous applicants need not apply.