Berkshire-based bike retailer and workshop operation, Griff's Cycle Lab is now for sale as a going concern, due to the owner relocating. The ideally situated premises make a strong option for any retailer looking toward expansion.
The shop is based on a busy main road, just along from the local train station and has it's own car parking at the front and rear of the shop, along with a massive workshop, making it ideal for it’s workshop drop off operation or a business assessing event hosting.
"We're well integrated into the local cycling scene and support three local clubs, MTB, road and triathlon, as well as being used by other local cycle groups as a ride meet point. We've also developed commercial relationships with the prestigious Wellington College, Waitrose Head Office and Berkshire Lowland Search & Rescue, amongst others." states Kinghorn.
Close to local trail centre, Swinley Forest, the shop's customer make up draws in both road and mountain bike riders from a significant catchment area, including customer's from surrounding affluent areas, as well as "the wedge between the M3 & M4, from the M25 in the east, as far as Basingstoke in the west", according to Kinghorm. "Think more MAMILs and MAMBAs than Bike shaped objects.”
“The purpose of Griff's is to provide a one stop shop for people passionate about cycling, irrespective of whether it's their first bike or fifty first bike. Over time, we've built our reputation and the range of services & products offered to really establish ourselves amongst the local cycling fraternity," concludes Kinghorn.
WHAT WILL YOU BE BUYING?
- A fully functional business
- Retail sales of cycles, parts, accessories, clothing & bike fitting
- Huge workshop (1,400 sq ft) with busy servicing business
- Experienced, enthusiastic team
- All fixtures & fittings: modern retail fixtures & fully loaded/tooled workshop
- Other assets: full EPOS system
- Fully stocked retail shop
- Customer database over 2800 unique records with details
- Healthy trade accounts with major UK distributors
- No trade liabilities at time of purchase
- Website & social media representation/sites
- Leasehold premises: Retail c.1900 sq-ft; Workshop c.1,400 sq-ft
WHAT'S UNIQUE ABOUT THIS BUSINESS?
- Partner Agreement with large cycle manufacturer, including a massive exclusivity territory & other benefits
- All staff are active cyclists in multiple disciplines
- Balanced split between mountain & road bike sales
- Huge workshop, including storage racking & an indoor bike wash
- Two storey dual aspect corner retail plot, fitted out to a high standard
- Parking right outside: "must have" for a shop that provides servicing
HOW CAN THIS BUSINESS BE DEVELOPED FURTHER?
- Increase local awareness of the business in nearby larger towns
- Triathlon products & services
- Online eCommerce presence, using existing EPOS system
- Sunday trading
- Re-purpose areas of existing space to include additional services, e.g. cafe, sports therapies etc
Average Annual Turnover £320,000
Average Annual Gross Profit £127,000
Financial and sale documentation available upon request. Enquiries welcome to email@example.com