Bike Mechanic – (Locations include: Aberdeen, Birmingham, Brentford, Central London, East Dulwich, Greater London, Ipswich, Kingston upon Thames, Maidenhead, Manchester, Nottingham, West End)
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated individuals to start their Evans Cycles Adventure!
Salary: Up to £17,846 pa
About the Role:
For our Mechanics, tinkering on their bike is no longer just a hobby. We want hands-on, technically minded individuals who understand the importance of taking care of our customer’s pride and joy. Be it a road bike, kid’s bike or top of the range mountain bike. You will be helping keep our customer’s wheels turning.
You will be a representative of Evans Cycles and an ambassador for cycling. Previous experience in a professional workshop or a knowledge of bike mechanics would be great although not essential; you should have an extensive working knowledge of bike mechanics and maintenance. You will be enrolled on Prologue (our in-house training program) from day one, giving you the skills and knowledge to confidently meet the needs of each individual customer.
· Have a good understanding of mechanical principles and a great level of technical bike building knowledge
· Demonstrate a readiness to learn and develop
· Be approachable and able to demonstrate strong communication skills that are tailored to customers with varying levels of cycling experience
· Be a flexible and committed team player, willing to support the store during our busy peak season
· Have strong problem solving skills and demonstrate an ability to use your initiative whilst working independently
· Show a commitment to developing skills in others, through sharing your knowledge
· Be willing to contribute to admin and data analysis tasks relating to the running of the workshop
· Bike mechanic qualifications preferable
Visit our website https://www.networxrecruitment.com/v?id=EVANSCYCLE&t=evans-cycles-jobs today to view our jobs descriptions and apply.
We’ve come a long way from the local shop in Kennington Road, London in 1921. Back then we made our own bikes, and even won awards for the quality of our service. It was (and still is) all about knowledge, passion and value. These three things are still part of our DNA – we’re still a local bike shop, but now with nationwide stores and a huge online store that operate on a global scale.
We love to reward our colleagues for the passion and enthusiasm they put into what they do.
Here are some of our benefits that you can unlock…
· Up to 28 Days Holiday per year (including Bank Holidays)
· A Company Pension scheme
· Childcare Vouchers
· Fantastic Discounts on Bike Insurance and British Cycling Membership
· The Yellow Jersey – our colleague of the month award
· Free Entry to our RIDEIT Events
· A Dedicated Training Program from day one
· Access to your very own e-learning portal
· Opportunities to gain industry recognised mechanic qualifications
On completion of your probationary period…
· A Ride to Work Scheme (unsurprisingly)
· Trade Discount on all of our products
· Holiday Buy Back – buy up to 5 days’ additional holiday
After 6 months…
· Health Shield, a cash back health plan
Why not start your Evans Cycles Adventure today and help our customers to Enjoy the