Extra UK are one of the country’s leading distributors of cycling parts and accessories with an enviable portfolio of marketing leading brands including Topeak, Fizik, Clif Bar, Pirelli, Brooks, Crank Brothers, Maxxis, SwissStop, Cane Creek, Ergon and more.
As the company continues to grow we are looking to recruit not one but two experienced Brand Managers to join our marketing team based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
Roles and Responsibilities
Reporting to the Head of Brands, the successful applicant will be responsible for the brand management of some of the highest profile and most respected brands in the cycle industry.
Key duties include:
• Produce and implement brand plans with clear strategies and key objectives while ensuring all actions are in keeping with the ethos and identity of the brand(s)
• Work as part of the in-house marketing team to produce an effective marketing plan including POS, advertising, events, sponsorship, social media, product reviews etc.
• Champion the brand(s) internally and externally to both the trade and consumers
• Build working relationships and effective communication with the brand(s) stakeholders
• Management and maintenance of the brand(s) pricing information including cost, trade, SRP and margins
• Work closely with Operations department to produce forecasts/ projections and provide required information for internal/ external use
• Working closely with Sales department to produce effective and attractive promotions
• Plan and implement detailed GTM strategy for all new products
• Represent the brand(s) at trade and consumers shows and events (some weekend work will be required)
• Produce monthly brand reports and sales analysis to ensure key objectives are on track
• Conduct regular market research including brand feedback, competitor information, market trends, areas and opportunities for growth
• Regular travel including distributor meetings, shows and events, dealer visits, media and agency visits
• Effective time management and work load prioritising to ensure all deadlines are met
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
The ideal candidate for this role should possess excellent brand and product knowledge within the cycling industry as well as being a strategic thinker with proven commercial experience and a creative yet analytical mindset. Previous experience dealing with brands/ vendors and sourcing from the Far East is desirable although not essential.
A passion and enthusiasm for cycling is also a big plus.
The ability to work as part of a small but focussed team is a must as is the ability to be self-reliant and to work on numerous projects at once.
A competitive salary plus benefits as well as a positive working environment and other additional benefits are on offer to the right person who can take on this exciting role.
To apply please send your cv and covering letter to email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 30 September 2018.