Trek Bicycle is a global leader in the design and manufacture of bicycles and related products. Trek believes the bicycle can be a simple solution to many of the world’s most complex problems, and is committed to breaking down the barriers that prevent people from using bicycles more often for transportation, recreation, and inspiration. Our mission is to create products we love and take care of our customers. We value our team, making sure the best is on the field. We value new ideas from anywhere, inspiring others with our positive energy, dealing with reality to make the tough calls, and getting things done fast- turning ideas into reality.
We are seeking a Category Planner to join our forecasting team based in Milton Keynes. The position will require the successful applicant to produce sales forecasts using demand planning software, working with product and sales teams, purchasing and maintaining inventory levels. The role will be supported by the European Purchasing Team and training will be provided on our systems and processes, including the option to participate in CIPS training.
· Preparation of accurate sales and purchasing forecasts using John Galt software package
· Setup and maintenance of part numbers
· Preparation of vendor orders, placing of orders and associated follow up
· Maintenance of orders in JDE and associated adjustments
· Arranging of stock transfers to fill shortfalls
· Liaison with Product Managers for information on forthcoming products
· Monitoring of sales figures and investigation of anomalies
· Point of contact for Sales & Marketing and warehousing questions regarding product and availability
· Notifying European P&A champions of developments related to in-situ orders
· Ideally experience of Purchasing environment including use of demand planning software
· Advanced Computer skills with all elements of Microsoft Office particularly Excel
· Attention to detail, numerate and analytical
· Able to work effectively self-sufficiently and as part of cross functional teams
· Passionate about all aspects of the Cycling environment.
· Previous experience of Sales environment (preferably within the bicycle industry)
· Willing to travel
· A full UK driving licence
Salary: Up to £28,000
To apply for the above role, please follow the below link, and attach your CV and Cover Letter, detailing why you are right for this role: