Do you thrive on daily challenges? Do you have what it takes to work for a world leading bicycle brand, coordinating and managing around 400 live dealer accounts?
If so, Giant has an exciting opening for a self motivated and highly organised individual seeking a new challenge in credit control.
Responsible for the day to day function of credit control for the business and reporting to the Head of Finance, you will coordinate and manage all dealer accounts, having control of approximately 400 live accounts in the UK and ROI, ranging in size and revenue.
It is essential that as Credit Controller, you build and maintain excellent, long-standing relationships with all Giant partners which is paramount to our business. You will ensure the smooth running of all dealer accounts and the timely payment of credit. This will include debt recovery, making informed decisions regarding payment plans and the supply of goods or, undertaking legal action where necessary; potentially dealing with bankrupt businesses when negotiating the recovery of funds or stock.
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
As Credit Controller, your key tasks and responsibilities will include, but are not limited to;
- Process the daily banking and cheques; posting all transactions to accounts receivable ledgers and accounts payable to vendor accounts as well as liaising with the bank and dealer regarding any unpaid cheques
- Process card payments made over the telephone
- Manage the Direct Debit collection process
- Timely and effective collection of all monies owed to the business
- Negotiate repayment plans when dealers’ accounts fall overdue
- Provide up to date account information to internal departments and Retail Support Managers
- Manage and keep the live debtor book up to date on a daily basis
- Send out new dealer agreements and set them up on the company’s internal system
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of dealer correspondence relating to overdue accounts or unallocated values
- Review Dealer credit limits on a quarterly, and ad-hoc basis where necessary
- Respond promptly and accurately to both dealer and internal queries
- Provide accurate ad-hoc reporting to management when requested
- Process all manual accounts receivable recharges and ledger maintenance
The successful candidate will be a highly organised and highly motivated individual who is entirely self-sufficient; taking ownership of the role and complete responsibility of the sales ledger.
You will be a team player with excellent interpersonal skills who is able to manage a varied and busy workload, handling conflicting priorities easily.
You will possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written, establishing and maintaining strong relationships with the company’s dealer base. You will be both calm and confident, possessing the ability to handle uncomfortable conversations; being firm when necessary but done in a compassionate and understanding manner.
You will have sound analytical and decision making skills and will be competent in Microsoft Office programmes, particularly Excel.
A proven and extensive credit control background is essential, predominantly in an owner/manager industry.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
Educated to GCSE level A-C
A or AS Levels desirable
Minimum 3 years’ Credit Control experience in a similar role
CICM Qualification desirable but not essential
Salary: Competitive salary - experience depending
Hours: Mon-Fri 9am-5pm
Benefits: Company Pension Scheme, Profit and KPI based Bonus Scheme, Private Health Insurance, Loan Bike Scheme (restrictions apply), 20 days holiday increasing a day for each full year worked up to a maximum of 25 days, UK public holidays given
Email your CV together with a covering letter to HR@giant-bicycles.co.uk or post to;
HR at Giant UK Ltd, Charnwood Edge, Syston Road, Cossington, Leicester, LE7 4UZ
The closing date for application is the 31st August 2018. Applicants who have not been contacted by the 15th September 2018 have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.