About the Company
Our mission is to transform the way people live in cities. With over 16 million possible combinations of gears, colours, handlebars and accessories, we make more than just a bicycle, and we are more than just a bicycle company.
We continue to make the Brompton in West London, where we started in 1975, but our product has travelled far - we now export 80% of our bicycles to 44 countries. In the past 36 months we have invested in a new purpose-built production facility, transformed our digital architecture, opened new flagship stores and had our biggest product launch in company history and we’re not stopping there…
To change urban living, we need passionate, innovative and talented people that want to challenge the status quo and make an impact.
To ensure that Brompton delivers professional after-sales support service to owners, domestic and international dealers and distributors. Our aim is nothing less than to deliver first class customer service, to match the world class products that we manufacture and sell around the globe.
· Provide support to customers enquiries and complaints, resolving them within Brompton’s brand values
· Provide support to dealers, distributors and customers by email, live chat and telephone
· Assist with the operation of the ecommerce platform
· Work with other departments to ensure consistent customer service levels across the company
· Organise collection and dispatch of repair bikes
· Track turnaround times for queries; co-ordinate this across departments where necessary
· Updating of warranty database for tracking of warranty trends
· Attend weekly departmental meetings and factory training sessions when required
· Represent the company at the Brompton World Championship, industry shows and external events as and where necessary
Skills and Experience
· Conversational and written French
· Professional communication and people skills with a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service
· Strong written and verbal communication; eloquent, empathetic and audience-appropriate
· Be a self-starter who can work unsupervised to high standards and with meticulous detail
· A team player who will contribute to the continuous improvement of the department and company
· Be IT literate including MS Word and Excel
· Be prepared to travel within the UK, and occasionally abroad
· Awareness of Health and Safety standards; along with an understanding of Dignity and Diversity in the workplace
· An understanding of Brompton’s ethos and how this has shaped its brand values
· Able to work some weekends
· Able to work remotely – access to reliable internet connection required
· Experience in a similar role
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
· Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
· Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
· 20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
· Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few…
· Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching
If you feel that you fit within the Brompton team spirit and you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please email your CV and covering letter to the People Team, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applicants must have the right to work in the United Kingdom.
The Company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post holder at any time according to the needs of the Company’s business.
The statements contained in this job description reflect general details as necessary to describe the principal functions of this job, the level of knowledge and skill typically required and the scope of responsibility. It should not be considered an all-inclusive listing of work requirements. Individuals may perform other duties as assigned, including work in other functional areas to cover absences of relief, to equalize peak work periods or otherwise to balance the workload.