High-end cycling product distributor Saddleback is looking for a new Ecommerce Product Content Executive to join its growing ecommerce team, giving the opportunity to write content for some of cycling’s leading performance brands including Castelli, Troy Lee Designs and Sidi.
The role will suit someone looking to build on their first experience of working in ecommerce content creation or perhaps a candidate with a relevant degree and work experience. A passion for cycling is essential for this role as you will be working with elite performance cycling brands and some of the most innovative products in the industry.
The Ecommerce Product Content Executive will liaise with our brand and merchandising teams to ensure new products are listed on B2C and B2B sites with accurate, unique, enthusiastic and engaging content when stock arrives, applying sound SEO practice to best tailor the content for maximum exposure online.
You will also support the maintenance of the online product range, removing discontinued lines and continuously working to minimise errors in order to give customers the best possible information and experience.
You will be as at home crunching spreadsheets as writing about cycling tech and able to tackle both with a keen eye for detail while working in a time-crunched environment. There will also be the opportunity to generate other types of original content for our industry-leading brands and activities.
Based in our office in Yate, 10 miles northeast of Bristol / 15 miles northwest of Bath, this is a full-time in-office role working with multiple teams and stakeholders across the business on a daily basis.
· Liaise with merchandising and brand teams to ensuring the right products are uploaded with suitable descriptions, specifications and images in line with product schedule plans.
· Working to our style guide, write accurate, unique, enthusiastic and engaging copy for product descriptions and category pages to give customers the best possible information and experience.
· Apply product SEO best practice to optimise traffic from search presence.
· Liaise with the brand team and directly with brands to source product content assets.
· Coordinate the production of product photography where required.
· Maintain the online product catalogue to ensure product content held on ecommerce sales channels is always accurate and up to date.
· Create and maintain a product population and end-of-life flow document.
· Populate the product content schedule and record completed tasks.
· Undertake other copywriting work when required including marketing, press releases etc.
· Coordinate the upload of base brand product images (product images on white) to the dealer sharing site.
· Provide management information and reports as required.
· Impeccable command of written English
· Excellent communication skills
· Ability to produce the highest standards of copy under pressure
· An exacting eye for detail
· Strong organisational skills
· Excellent Excel skills
· A love of road cycling and MTB products
· Educated to degree level or proven applicable writing experience.
· Ecommerce administration experience
· Experience using the Shopify platform
· Product content population experience
· Photography skills
This is a full-time role working 40 hours per week in the Saddleback office – Monday to Friday, 8:30-5:30 pm.
For over 10 years Saddleback Limited has been delivering the world’s leading elite cycling brands to the UK industry. A vibrant company based in Yate (10 miles northeast of Bristol / 15 miles northwest of Bath), we are proud to have leading names such as 3T, Alchemy, Castelli, Chris King, ENVE, Intense, Sidi, Silca, Stages and Troy Lee Designs within our portfolio of the world’s premier road and MTB brands.
A family-owned business with around 50 employees, Saddleback boasts a friendly, relaxed office atmosphere away from the hubbub of central Bristol, the chance to work with a team of like-minded cycling aficionados and the opportunity to take part in regular lunch-time training rides.
To Apply If you would like to apply for this role, please submit a copy of your CV and a covering letter.
We regret that due to the volume of applications we are only able to contact candidates who make it to the interview stage.
Closing date for applications – Friday 7th December 2018