Be Confident Group:
Cycle Confident is a well-established company which has been in operation for 11 years. We are an organised and profitable business which is made up of a hard-working culture based on our employees and their passion for cycling.
We pride ourselves on being leaders in the market place due to our business constantly providing exceptional delivery capabilities, valued client relationships, innovation of service and guaranteed professionalism in all areas of the company.
We have recently acquired Bike Right! into the Be Confident Group. BikeRight! was founded in 2000 has over 70 employees and has been regularly recognised by the business and cycling communities as an outstanding company, picking up multiple awards over the last 18 years. The two companies merging has lead us to become the primary National cycle training provider providing consistent quality training throughout the UK.
Cycle Confident are looking for a Group Head of Marketing to define and strengthen our group marketing strategy, working to raise our profile within the industry to promote and spread the word about our excellent services!
The why, the what and the how
Reporting directly to the Group Head of Operations, the Group Head of Marketing will be responsible for the progression and delivery of all marketing services across a range of platforms. We need someone who will recognise the marketing opportunities most important to our vision and come up with innovative ideas to maximize impact and be willing to do what it takes to put them into action. This type of role will be sure to suit someone who is creative, entrepreneurial, business minded and motivated to use their skills to help us to grow our business and benefit future cyclists. As a business we are transforming our company and our message, as our Group Head of Marketing you will have significant input and delivering this objective. As the business grows, it makes this a challenging role, but for the right person it will help build and further your career!
What we need:
The team needs a marketing genius who;
- Is organised and creative
- A thought leader
- Can prioritise their time against corporate objectives
- Who provides insight into marketing opportunities
- Create speaking opportunities for the team at conferences
- That can be understood, monitored and outcomes measured
- Has a long-term marketing strategic focus
- Liaising with PR and corporate communications agencies
- Whilst doing the day to day work across the group
- And; able to create a national marketing platform
- Which is efficient and reusable
- Transform and effectively elevate our brands
- Support new business initiatives and creates new programs
- Help support our busy bids team
Essentially, we need our Group Head of Marketing to;
- Communicate and activate our new commercial ventures
- Supporting both the Be Confident Group and client event and initiatives
- Measure meaningful outcomes of all campaigns engaged in
- Social Media (distributing content through main social media channels)
- Content creation (the production and distribution of internal and external communications, marketing materials and literature e.g. web content, brochures, news releases, info packs)
- Web analytics
- Newsletter creation and distribution (content collation and distribution of stakeholder e-newsletter)
- We need a doer. Role your sleeves up and get involved in helping grow the business
- A person with a proven Marketing ability both strategically and practically
- The ability to analyse and promote the right programs for the team
- Lead in steam lining the current marketing work, creating content and enhancing the Groups brand and messages
- Lead by example
- Will need to travel to our other UK offices from time to time
- Some international travel representing the company
- Excellent communicator when dealing with external and internal stakeholders
- Unrivalled command of spoken and written English.
- An eye for graphic design and layout
- Great administration skills
- Excellent IT skills including, and ability to pick up new systems quickly
If this role is genuinely of interest, please click on the "Apply Now" button to provide your CV plus a cover letter that includes the following:
- Up to 100 words on your thoughts on cycling in London
- A paragraph on a memorable life experience
- Top three brands you admire and why
- Most important marketing campaign you were involved in and why, what were the outcomes
- Your favourite quote