Silverfish are a well-respected UK based importer and distributor dealing with an extensive range of products including some of the finest bikes, components, clothing and accessory manufacturers in the world. Silverfish have been supplying performance driven products to the best bike shops in the UK since 1999 and as a company we continue to grow. We pride ourselves on our range of high quality products and the quality service we offer our customers.
This role will be one of the key links between Silverfish and our customers and will involve all aspects of sales and general customer support. The role will be office based and will be responsible for taking and processing sales orders, managing existing sales accounts and also making direct sales calls to our dealer network. The successful candidate will be a capable salesperson but also capable of working to robust processes and procedures.
Due to the technical nature of our product lines the successful candidate will have a strong interest in bikes and be knowledgeable about our brands and product lines.
Duties and Responsibilities
The specific duties of this post will include, though not be limited to:
- Ensuring our IBDs are supported and get a first-class service when they contact the Silverfish office.
- Take and process telephone orders whilst maximising opportunities to upsell and add value wherever possible.
- Make regular telephone contact with our dealer base in an attempt to try to sell targeted product lines / special deals – increase dealer turnover.
- Work with the Sales Manager to develop sales initiatives and put these into operation.
- Work closely with our 4 area sales reps and ensure key information is provided and any sales leads are followed up effectively.
- Contribute to website content to ensure dealers have all of the information they require at their fingertips.
- Manage customer accounts and ensure backorders are processed in a timely and effective way.
- Undertake any sales administration required to ensure the smooth running of the Silverfish sales office.
- Ensure dealers are kept abreast of key information regarding product availability or potential delays.
- Undertake annual dealer calls as required to ensure our records are kept up to date and customers are offered accurate information.
- Attend trade shows as and when required to ensure Silverfish brands and products are well represented.
Skills and Experience
- Experience of working in the bike industry, particularly sales focussed experience.
- A sound understanding of the UK bike industry, in particular an understanding of independent bike dealers and bike parts.
- A keen interest in bikes and an ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of our brands and products.
- Sound knowledge of bike parts and a well-developed grasp of technical issues relating to bike components.
- Experience of selling and generating sales over the telephone.
- Highly organised and must be a self-starter with a proven ability to multi task, use their own initiative to solve problems.
- Experience of working in a fast-paced environment where attention to detail is critical.
- Excellent communication skills, particularly in writing or on the phone.
- Experience of using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and inventory management systems.
• Experience of working in the Motocross industry.
Terms and Conditions
- Salary: To be negotiated
- Hours (based on core office hours of 35.75 per week although appointees will be expected to work outside these hours where necessary):
- Monday – Thursday: 0915-1730hrs
- Friday: 0915-1430hrs
- Annual leave: 22 days (paid) plus bank holidays extending with length of service
- The post holder can also take advantage of the following:
- Pension scheme
- Staff discounted purchase scheme (details will follow to the successful applicant)
To apply please include a full CV (detailing current salary/package) and a covering note outlining your reasons for interest and suitability.