Love the outdoors?
At Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they actively escape outside!
Comprising of the well-known high street brands Snow+Rock, Cotswold Outdoor, Cycle Surgery, and Runners Need, we are united by our deep-rooted passion for the outdoors and our commitment to improve customer service every day. We are proud to be specialists with each fascia having its own identity supported by one central back office. By providing the best kit and expert advice, we want to help as many people as possible enjoy their time outside to the full.
With a role at O&CC you will play an important part in our mission to inspire and support people to get outside. As a Junior Buyer, your role will be to support the Buyer in delivering a balanced, commercial, compelling and well-planned product range to present to our customers which reflects the integrity of the Cycle Surgery Brand.
As a Junior Buyer your key responsibilities will include:
- Planning and selecting a commercial range of products meeting the company’s objectives
- Increasing profit and turnover
- Maximising commercial opportunities and minimising areas of risk by regular performance reviews
- Negotiating with suppliers to ensure the best price and margin for the product.
- Monitoring, reporting and reacting to product sales performance
- Continually assessing product ranges from key competitors
- Working closely with other teams in the business, including Merchandising, Visual Merchandising, Marketing and e-commerce
- Presenting regular range reviews to senior management
- Analysing trends
- Seasonal photo shoot preparation and participation
- Managing the sample management process
- Ensuring the Website and Stores product ranges are differentiated according to the Business Strategy
- Working closely with the merchandiser to deliver a profitable department
- Planning & presenting the yearly review and analysis with the merchandiser on the previous period and capture lessons learned
- Ensuring that supplier terms are utilised to hit company targets
- Working with the e-commerce Team to optimise product presentation and sell through on the website
- Making recommendations as to how to optimise Store floor space utilising different categories
We want people that demonstrate our company values and, above all, have a passion for the outdoors.
- Customers at the heart of everything
- Brave and Bold
- Passionate experts
- Excellent commercial awareness and negotiation skills
- Creative and instinctive thinking, with an entrepreneurial attitude
- Actively seeks to develop own knowledge and skills
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Excellent time management skill
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Experience in Cycle Trade is key (either as an Assistant Buyer or Store Role)
- Influences and communicates confidently and effectively to build strong relationships
- Able to work cross functionally
- A keen interest in cycling with a strong understanding of bikes, equipment and components is a pre-requisite
An active interest in the outdoors
- Generous 25 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
- Childcare vouchers
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Company pension Scheme
- Generous Staff Discount Scheme
- Training Bursaries
- Amazing volunteering opportunities
We believe there’s no substitute for experience. That’s why we pride ourselves on the fact that we love spending time outdoors, so when you ask us for advice, you know it comes from our real-world experiences.
To encourage our people to get outdoors we have regular camping trips, weekly running clubs, office yoga and outdoor meetings as well as partnering with loads of amazing brands and outdoor enthusiasts such as The National Trust, The Ramblers, BMC, and many more! Our employees live our values and love all things outdoor, click here to see how we spent our winter: https://youtu.be/ue9ucq2SRyA
At Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they actively escape outside. Want to join our team and inspire the nation?
To apply for this role then please send your CV and any covering letter to email@example.com