Love to Ride is the online platform that gets more people riding. We make it easy and fun to encourage our friends and co-workers to ride. We also support people new to riding to ride more often. Providing information, incentives and encouragement to overcome their barriers.
We are recruiting 3 x Local Project Manager roles in the following delivery areas:
- North East Lincolnshire
Checkout this animation to learn more: http://tinyurl.com/lovetorideanimation
Scope of Local Project Manager
The purpose of the LPM is successfully to deliver the Ride 365 and Cycle September programme by building relationships with key contacts at workplaces large and small, encouraging as many organisations, departments and people as possible to take part.
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary roles and responsibilities of the LPM are to:
- Encourage organisations to register and participate. This will involve: contacting workplaces by phone, email and in person (with both warm and cold leads); giving presentations; meeting with relevant staff & selling in the concept of Love to Ride; running media stunts; distributing marketing materials to bike shops & co-promoters, on cycle paths & on parked bicycles; promotion at local events etc.
- Act as a central liaison for stakeholders and project partners, developing and maintaining effective working relationships and providing regular progress reports.
- Contact and engage local partner organisations and encourage them to promote the Challenge externally to their local networks.
- Source and manage sponsored incentives and prizes.
- Identify suitable ‘Champions’ within participating organisations, develop effective working relations with them and provide on-going support so that they can promote Love to Ride internally and succeed at getting a high number of colleagues participating in the programme.
- Deliver registration packs to Champions at registered organisations and brief all Champions.
- Provide excellent customer service to all participants and workplace Champions.
- Contact and deliver prizes to the winning individuals and organisations.
- Carry out monitoring activities to help evaluate the programme, e.g. collection of case studies, monitoring numbers at events.
- Carry out any other duties defined by the Senior Project Manager that may be necessary to further the aims of the programme.
As the LPM, you will be a friendly people person who is excellent at building relationships and capable of presenting and selling Love to Ride professionally. An enthusiastic, quality driven self-starter, you will also have a can-do attitude and a structured approach to your work. The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experience:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong sales and presentation skills
- Strong organisational skills, with a target-orientated approach
- Experience in project management and delivery
- Dedicated ‘make it happen’ attitude
- Effective at developing and maintaining relationships at all levels
- Confident to work independently
- Knowledge and ability to cycle safely
- Knowledge of the region and business sector
- High degree of IT literacy and use of online applications and tools
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people in a wide range of workplace settings, from large public services and corporates to SMEs and local businesses
Reporting and working locations
The LPM reports to the designated Manager at Love to Ride. However, the role is best facilitated from an appropriate regional base, such as council offices or cycling hub for example. This is dependent on the recruited individual(s) and availability of desk space. Some home office and/or remote office working may be required, so this role will suit someone who has a flexible approach to their working environment.
How to apply
Recruitment pack and application blog.lovetoride.net/recruitment/
Your application and supporting video (see link below for more info) are both required by midnight on 21 Jan 2019.
With any questions, please contact email@example.com