Extra UK are one of the country’s leading distributors of cycling parts and accessories with an enviable portfolio of market leading brands including Topeak, Fizik, Clif Bar, Pirelli, Brooks, Crank Brothers, Maxxis, SwissStop, Cane Creek, Ergon and more.
As the company continues to grow we are looking to recruit an experienced Marketing and Events Manager based in Wellingborough, Northamptonshire.
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the successful applicant will be responsible for the marketing activity of some of the highest profile and most respected brands in the cycling industry.
Role and responsibilities
Key duties include:
· Work as part of the in-house marketing team to produce an effective marketing plan including POS, advertising, events, sponsorship, social media, product reviews etc.
· Manage, oversee and implement the calendar of events and exhibitions to both consumer and trade audiences ensuring objectives are met.
· Arrange and manage the logistics and sourcing for each event with internal and external stakeholders to deliver each event on time and to budget.
· Build close and effective relationships with media contacts with both consumer and trade audiences to promote the products and reputation of Extra UK.
· Work alongside the Digital Marketing Manager to manage and implement a full social media and email communication calendar that promote our products and brands.
· Assist the Head of Marketing to manage the yearly marketing budget with accurate recording of activity and forecasting of spend.
· Represent the brand(s) at trade and consumers shows and events (some weekend work will be required)
· Produce monthly marketing communications reports to ensure key objectives are on track
· Conduct regular market research including competitor information, market trends and opportunities for improvement
· Regular travel will be required including shows, events, media and agency visits
· Effective time management and work load prioritising to ensure all deadlines are met
· Proficient use of Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word
The ideal candidate for this role should be an experienced marketing professional with a minimum of 3 to 5 years’ experience of the full communications mix, be organised and proactive to implement day to day tasks and have the ability to improve and develop existing processes.
The ability to work as part of a small but focussed team is a must as is the ability to be self-reliant and to work on numerous projects at once. A passion and enthusiasm for cycling is also a big plus.
A competitive salary plus benefits as well as a positive working environment and other additional benefits are on offer to the right person who can take on this exciting role.
To apply please send your cv and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org