Fairlight Cycles make beautiful, functional steel bikes. We blend cutting edge modern design, with fantastic craftsmanship and materials.
Sold worldwide, our bicycles have gained widespread acclaim. One of our bikes was ridden to victory in the 2017 Transcontinenal Race, and more recently our Strael 2.0 garnered a very rare 5 star review from road.cc magazine.
As a result we have grown incredibly quickly and are looking for a dynamic individual to help us with bicycle production.
ROLE – Fairlght Cycles - Mechanic / Bike Build Technician
Part-time / Contract Role initially, possibly leading to more with our continued growth
The role will initially involve the assembly of bicycles to a very high standard for our discerning customer base. Each one of our bikes is built to the customer’s specification and set up to their bike fit data. We produce some of the nicest steel bikes made, so it’s critical that they are built to the highest standard. This is a critical role for the business:
Experience and attributes we’re looking for include:
· A comprehensive knowledge of high end road bike componentry including hydraulic disc systems
· Ideally have a background in building high end bikes
· Formal Qualification like Cytech 2 preferred.
· Passion for customer service and creating the perfect bike
· A pro-active attitude and a willingness to push the business and yourself upwards
· Able to prioritise and work flexibly and under tight deadlines
· Able to think of better solutions and constantly improve our processes
· Be a great problem solver and people person
· Work safely and provide feedback to the Operations Manager
The position is initially on a Part-time/contract basis
Part time / Flexible Hours
Generous staff purchase scheme
Location in bustling East London near Spitalfields Market
Please apply with your updated CV and cover letter to email@example.com