WHEN IS A JOB NOT A JOB?
Do you wake up in the morning and look forward to going to work? At The Bicycle Chain we're not only passionate about bicycles, we're passionate about helping our staff succeed and enjoy life. We want you to want to progress and we are committed to making that happen.
Lets face it we all spend most of our day to day lives working, so it might as well be a fun and rewarding experience. How do we achieve that? ...it comes down to a few ingredients; challenge, support, personal growth and company culture.
There is nothing worse than feeling like your at a dead end, standing still, well we don't want you to stand still, we want the exact opposite, we want you to be constantly looking forwards. We will support you, help you grow and reward your successes too.
WHEN ITS A CAREER...
Are you an amazing mechanic? ...the best in the UK? ...how about the world? I suppose the important question is, would you like to be?
We want all our staff to become leading industry experts, no easy task but we are fully prepared to help you get there.
There you have it, that's the challenge... no dead ends here. We are looking for people who want to build themselves a career and want to put in the hard work to keep progressing.
We operate a performance related pay structure, there is no limit to your earning potential. It is entirely possible, if you are driven, talented, knowledgeable and passionate about bikes and people and able to deliver an excellent customer experience to earn £25,000+
So do you think you have what it takes?
WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE FAMILY...
The Bicycle Chain is a family run business, we have four stores, Taunton, Bridgwater, Weston-Super-Mare and Climb On Bikes in Hereford and we see ourselves as one big family. We're passionate about providing the best possible experience for our customers as well as our staff and everyone's input is highly valued.
As a company we are committed to change and are constantly looking for ways to further improve the services we offer. We listen to our staff... think you have spotted something we should be doing or could be doing better? then we want to know. We value your opinion... we are looking for people who can see the bigger picture, work well as part of a team, see a problem and want to find a solution.
We pride ourselves on going the extra mile... you don't see the owners of many companies giving their personal mobile number to their customers, but we do. It's in the bike pack we provide with every new bike sale.
Are you looking to further your career as a bike mechanic? Do you want to work with the biggest brands in cycling? Do you relish learning new skills and have a desire to succeed in life?
The ideal candidate will excel in customer service, attention to details and have excellent communication skills. They will be looking to make a lifetime career as a mechanic and will already have experience working as a mechanic in a busy environment.
Job role and requirements…
Ideal candidate will have at least two years experience as a bicycle mechanic with a minimum of a Cytech level 2 qualification.
We are happy to receive applications from experienced mechanics working in other industries that do not meet the above criteria.
- -Servicing customer bikes to a high standard
- -Diagnosing and resolving issues on new and used bikes
- -Building all types of bikes
- -Warranty repairs
- -Booking repair work on to the workshop system
- -Custom build projects
- Providing staff training
- Handling internal and customer enquiries by phone and email
- Building strong, long-term relationships with customers
- Negotiating with customers
- Ensuring exceptional customer service is achieved in all areas of the business
- Generating excellent reviews through digital channels [Trustpilot, Facebook and Google]
- Maintaining tidy and clean workshop
- Ordering product
- Using Epos system and basic computer skills
- Continually developing professionally
- Continually developing product and industry knowledge
- Good business acumen
- Use of business to business web sites
- Processing payments and handling cash including reconciling till.
- Be an ambassador for The Bicycle Chain, both in store and through our social media channels
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Full-Time position for someone looking for a career as a bike mechanic
- Attention to detail
- Positive mental attitude
- Caring with a strong desire to help others
- Competitive spirit
- Able to use own initiative
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Love all things bikes
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter, detailing why you believe you are the right person for the role:
( Please only apply if you are available for a full-time position )