Media Sales Executive - Full Time
We are looking for an experienced advertising sales person to help us across our range of titles at Next Element, these include IMB Magazine, IKSURFMAG (kitesurfing) and SUP Tonic. If you think you have what it takes to join our dynamic team we would love to hear from you. We're a global company with no fixed offices, so you must be able to work from home and be self-motivated. A high level of written and spoken English is required, additional languages will be a bonus as our customers are spread all over the world. You will be reporting directly to the Publisher, Rou Chater on a daily and weekly basis.
- Solid previous experience in advertising sales and sales techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Excellent telephone and face-to-face manner.
- Ability to close a deal.
- Understanding publishing and advertising sales.
- Ability to work to a deadline.
- Self-motivated, hard-working, reliable and trustworthy.
- Computer literacy and access to a computer and high-speed Internet are essential.
- Ability to deal with people who may not speak English as their first language.
- Have a methodical and organised approach to work.
- Be able to work alone, but as part of a remote team.
- Fluent spoken and written English with good grammar.
- Calling new and existing customers and spreading the word about IMB, IKSURFMAG, SUP Tonic and future Next Element titles.
- Adding new customers to our database.
- Keeping the database up to date with all your activities.
- Reporting on a daily and weekly basis to the Advertising Sales Manager.
- Hitting and exceeding targets set.
- Emailing potential new advertisers and following up with phone calls.
- Emailing existing advertisers to get new adverts ahead of each new issue.
- Liaising with editorial team and clients regarding test equipment for review.
- Ensuring the Ad Manager program is kept up-to-date with the correct contact details.
An ability to mountain bike, kitesurf, SUP or any free sport is preferred, but not essential. Having an interest in these sports will assist you in this role when speaking to customers and there are numerous trips overseas and in the UK that occur too.
If you think you have what it takes please send a CV detailing previous work experience and anything else you think might interest us to firstname.lastname@example.org