We need a Part-time AND a Full-time bicycle mechanic, to work in variety of settings and locations around Bristol on all types of bikes. A great opportunity to work autonomously, for a growing business.
- Start date: ASAP
- Hours: Full-time; 37.5 hours per week. Part-time; 2-3 days per week.
- Salary: Based on experience
- Location: Bristol and surrounding area
- Duration: Permanent
Taylored Cycles Ltd is a small, friendly, Bristol based mobile bicycle mechanic business. We work all over Bristol and as far afield as Bath, Yate and Weston-Super-Mare. We are based in Easton, Bristol.
We are looking for bicycle mechanics to work in very varied situations, repairing bicycles. Your role will to be to solve the needs of our customers in situations including:
- Repairing and servicing all types of bikes in a fully equipped workshop.
- Repairing and servicing all types of bikes in a large van, set up as a mobile workshop.
- Checking over and carrying out minor adjustments on all types of bikes, with limited tools, at events and various locations.
You will need to be able to communicate to people the issues with their bikes clearly, in a language that they understand and recommend solutions.
A majority of the time you will be working independently, and the ability to represent the company to a consistently high standard is very important, maintaining the high levels of professionalism for which Taylored Cycles has become known. You will need to be absolutely reliable and a real team player, helping out your colleagues whenever and however possible and manage your own workload throughout the day.
Your initiative and problem solving abilities will be regularly tested dealing with the widely varying problems that people present to you with their bicycles. Your willingness to get stuck in, suggest new ways of working and contributing to developing the business will be rewarded.
If you’re an experienced bike mechanic, who loves cycling, but is looking for something a bit different, this is the job for you!
Skills & Experience
- Reliability, punctuality, initiative
- Excellent communication skills – clear and concise telephone manner and written English
- Bicycle maintenance – varied experience of bicycle mechanics in different situations, working in a timely manner
- Maintaining retail standards keeping your work area clean and presentable
- Effective time managment
- Able to work flexible hours
- Able to work some weekends
- Able to work as part of a team
- Full UK Driving License
- Independent working
- Sales experience
- Bicycle maintenance – Cytech Certificate Level 2 or 3, or equivalent, wheel building, disk brake bleeding and servicing, fork servicing
- Cash handling
- Stock ordering and control
Apply now by emailing your CV, with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org