Production Editor, Mountain Biking UK
Overall Job Purpose
MBUK is the market leading mountain biking magazine in the UK and has just celebrated 30 years in publication. Aimed at riders of all levels of abilities, mountain bikers can come to share in the endless fun that's possible on a mountain bike. It brings readers the most exciting, relevant, knowledgeable and interesting ideas about mountain biking in a fun and friendly manner. It’s the number one source of advice on product testing and aims to further every readers’ experience the next time they go out and ride.
This role will see the successful candidate working across the print title, the MBUK website and social media accounts. It is the Production Editor's job to ensure that, once work is commissioned by the appropriate editor, the magazine production cycle moves forward as efficiently as possible to completion within set deadlines.
They will be in charge of the sub-editing process across all channels of the MBUK brand, ensuring that all copy is accurate, interesting, and adheres to the brand guidelines.
Check out our GoPro highlights from our Bike of The Year testing week:
· To oversee the magazine's production process, liaising with other staff and contributors to ensure that the magazine is completed on time, to style, and of the highest possible standard.
· To control the sub-editing and fitting process. Subbing and fitting work quickly and efficiently to house style, rewriting and providing feedback to contributors where necessary.
· Producing inventive, concise and often humorous headlines, stand firsts and captions.
· Contributing in the design and planning stages of the magazine where applicable.
· Subbing, contributing to and helping manage the website and social media accounts
· Communicating with external contributors and in-house staff to ensure their work arrives on time and that commissions are fulfilled.
· Liaising with the advertising department over flat plan requirements.
· Liaising with the in-house production department over delivery of pages
Knowledge, Experience & Competencies
· Experience as a Production Editor (preferably, though not essentially) on a newsstand consumer magazine or website
· Knowledge and an interest in mountain biking preferred
· Excellent command of written English
· Communication (external and internal)
· Magazine craft
· Ability to hit deadlines
· Subbing and proofing
· Communication (liaison with team and freelancers)
· Ideas – creativity and originality
· Ability to meet the needs of the reader
· Attention to detail
· Knowledge of and interest in social media
· Understanding of basic SEO
· English grammar
· Magazine publishing law
· Libel law
· Knowledge of In-Design
To apply please follow this link https://careers-immediatemedia.icims.com/jobs/2371/production-editor%2c-mountain-biking-uk/job