Swytch is a young, ambitious & driven start-up dedicated to producing innovative electric transport products. In our first year we had a wildly successful crowdfunding launch, selling, manufacturing and shipping over $1M in eBike kits. We have just closed an oversubscribed £800K seed funding round which has enabled us to grow the team and increase our production capability to keep up with demand.
We have a pipeline of exciting new products that we are developing for launch in 2019 and you will be instrumental in the successful manufacturing and delivery of the hardware to customers across the world. As core employee #6 you will be working directly alongside two of the co-founding directors who are both experienced Engineers with exposure to all aspects of the business.
You will be coordinating our entire manufacturing process, from DFMA through to Shipping. You will be given complete responsibility for the quality and delivery of our continuously manufactured eBike products. The day to day will vary wildly from designing top-level processes from scratch to hands-on technical work in our overseas factory floor. No two days will be the same. If you aren't already, you will become an expert in eBike design and manufacturing in an exciting and rapidly growing industry.
Collaborate with our team of electrical and mechanical design engineers to transfer ground-breaking electric vehicle prototypes through to mass manufacture. Using your extensive DFM/DFA experience and detailed knowledge of manufacturing techniques to design manufacturable assemblies and viable processes of manufacture.
We have a dedicated assembly factory based in China which you will be responsible for. You will design the space, source equipment & tooling, train the engineers and technicians and execute lean manufacturing techniques to ensure it runs efficiently and continuously improves as we scale up.
Lead the entire RFQ process by compiling RFQ packages (drafting technical drawings, BOMs and assembly instructions), sourcing overseas suppliers, comparing quotes, negotiating terms and creating new partnerships.
Maintaining our international supply chain through regular visits to partner factories, meeting other factory bosses and representing Swytch in high-level business activities.
Conducting QC tests on inbound parts to check against specification using handheld workshop tools, in-house professional test equipment and outsourced test facilities. Training our overseas technicians and reviewing QC reports remotely.
Liaising with our shipping partners to ensure we have the correct documentation, booking, packing and shipping containers to our distribution and warehousing centres across the world
Essential Skills & Qualifications
· Master's degree in relevant field (e.g. Manufacturing/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering)
· 3+ years relevant industry experience
· Wide and detailed knowledge of a range of electrical and mechanical manufacturing processes including Plastic Injection Moulding, Sheet Metal Forming, PCBA
· Extensive experience implementing DFM and DFA techniques to transfer designs to mass manufacture
· Large database management skills for complex BOMs and Order Management, highly skilled in Excel
· Proficient in CAD (Solidworks or Autodesk) with proven industry experience and knowledge of best practise
· Experienced in preparing RFQ packages & technical drawings
· Broad understanding of other engineering disciplines, including electronics hardware and software for prototyping electro-mechanical systems
What you will get
· Competitive salary based on previous experience
· Share options available
· Company Credit Card (for travel expenses)
· Flexible hours based around a core 5 days a week, 8h per day
· The overseas trips will be all expenses paid and additional to the remuneration package, including food, flights and visa.
· 25 Days holiday
· Regular staff events
· Opportunities to travel for events & trade shows
· A free eBike conversion!
· Huge career development opportunities at a high growth company where your input and ideas are valued
Our ideal candidate
· Eager for global travel, touring our international supply chain for approximately 2 weeks every 2 months.
· Highly resourceful with ability to work collaboratively with external engineering professionals and alongside our suppliers' engineers to ensure a smooth transition to manufacture
· Interested in working in a startup environment where they will be given full exposure within the company, lots of on-the-job training and responsibility and fast-tracked career progression.
· Quick learner, jack of all trades and master of at least one
To apply for this role then please send your CV and any covering letter to Dmitro@swytchbike.com