WHEN IS A JOB NOT A JOB?
Do you wake up in the morning and look forward to going to work? At The Bicycle Chain we're not only passionate about bicycles, we're passionate about helping our staff succeed and enjoy life. We want you to want to progress and we are committed to making that happen.
Let's face it we all spend most of our day to day lives working, so it might as well be a fun and rewarding experience. How do we achieve that? ...it comes down to a few ingredients; challenge, support, personal growth and company culture.
There is nothing worse than feeling like your at a dead end standing still, well we don't want you to stand still, we want the exact opposite, we want you to be constantly looking forwards. We will support you, help you grow and reward your successes too.
WHEN ITS A CAREER...
We operate a performance related pay structure, there is no limit to your earning potential. It is entirely possible, if you are driven, talented, knowledgeable and passionate about bikes and people and able to deliver an excellent customer experience to earn £30,000+
If you lack the experience at this stage but feel you have the right credentials we will train you and help you get there.
So there you have it, that's the challenge... no dead ends here. We are looking for people who want a career in sales and want to put in the hard work to keep progressing towards that £30,000+.
WHEN YOU'RE PART OF THE FAMILY...
The Bicycle Chain is a family run business, we have three stores in Taunton, Bridgwater and Weston-Super-Mare and we see ourselves as one big family. We're passionate about providing the best possible experience for our customers as well as our staff and everyone's input is highly valued.
As a company we are committed to change and are constantly looking for ways to further improve the services we offer. We listen to our staff... think you have spotted something we should be doing or could be doing better? then we want to know. We value your opinion...we are looking for people who can see the bigger picture, work well as part of a team, see a problem and want to find a solution.
We pride ourselves on going the extra mile... you won't see the owners of many companies giving their personal mobile number to their customers, but we do. It's in the bike pack we provide with every new bike sale.
- Greeting and assisting customers in store
- Handling internal and customer enquiries by phone and email
- Building strong, long-term relationships with customers
- Consulting with customers to find them the right product to match their needs
- Presenting product to the customer
- Negotiating with customers
- Ensuring exceptional customer service is achieved in all areas of the business
- Generating excellent reviews through digital channels [Trustpilot and Facebook]
- Maintaining excellent retail standards through merchandising, product positioning, tidy and clean store etc
- Fitting customer to bikes, providing the appropriate size and in time developing knowledge to provide in depth cycling biomechanical assessment and consultation for the customer
- Ordering product
- Using Epos system and basic computer skills
- Processing web sales
- Monitoring stock control
- Continually developing professionally
- Continually developing product and industry knowledge
- Good business acumen
- Use of business to business web sites
- Processing payments and handling cash including reconciling till.
- Be an ambassador for The Bicycle Chain
ESSENTIAL REQUIREMENTS OF THE ROLE
- Full-time position for someone looking for a career in sales
- Attention to detail
- Positive mental attitude
- Caring with a strong desire to help others
- Competitive spirit
- Able to use own initiative
- Great communicator
- Team player
- Love all things bikes
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter, detailing why you believe you are the right person for the role:
( Please only apply if you are available for a full-time position )