Giant Lincoln is one of the biggest Giant brand stores in the UK and we are looking to recruit an experienced and enthusiastic full-time Service Centre Manager.
You will be expected to provide exceptional customer service and have confidence in explaining the work needed both in-person and over the phone. We're looking for a skilled mechanic that can easily identify and diagnose problems, and that is comfortable working within a time limit completing all jobs on schedule to a high standard.
A genuine passion/interest in cycling is essential.
Salary will be dependent on experience/qualifications, with excellent staff discounts.
Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
· An ideal candidate will have experience working as part of a team in a busy servicing workshop within the previous six months.
· You should be familiar with road, mountain and hybrid bikes and the various and current technologies they feature.
· A Cytech level 2 or above qualification would be preferable but not essential.
· Excellent technical knowledge - ability to work on any type of bike to a high standard from a small puncture repair to a full bike build from scratch
· IT skills
· Must be able to work quickly & efficiently.
Purpose of Post
The Service Centre Manager oversees the unit’s service centre and sales functions, as well as the day-to-day workshop operations.
Meet KPIs identified in the business plan and recommend adjustments as necessary.
Develop and promote related activities.
Primary job duties include but are not limited to:
- Understand and embody the characteristics of leadership; lead a team comprised of members of management, sales associates and technicians to success within the store
- Provide exemplary customer service and ensure that all members of the staff are doing the same
- Manage service centre staff and customer base through communication, fairness and integrity
- Bike Hire management and promotion
- Advising customers on products and assisting with sales
Responsible and accountable for:
- Sales performance of the service centre; Maintain accurate financial and sales reports
- Workshop daily routine
- Inventory management including receiving, merchandising and counting store inventory
- Marketing including in-store promotions, special events and workshops for staff and for customers
- Training of all new staff, including managers, sales associates and technicians; Educate staff regarding company policy, programs and standards and monitor productivity and performance of the team
- Customer service and warranty issues in your store
- All aspects of Hire Bike facility
- Planning and delivery of shop rides out
- Delivery Park Tool bike repair courses
- Bike Fit delivery and support
- Road & Mountain Bike Servicing
- New bike assembly and post sales checks
- Custom builds
- Wheel building