To support our current services including bike hire and servicing, Outspoken Cycles are excited to be opening a full shop offering a range of cargo bikes, tandems and children’s bikes, with an emphasis on family and utility cycling.
With strong social aims Outspoken strives to encourage people of all ages and abilities to cycle as a normal, everyday means of transport. You will share our ethos and have a genuine interest in cycling and its role in society.
Please visit our website to download an application pack http://www.outspokencycles.co.uk/vacancies-cycles
Main duties and responsibilities:
- Be front-of-house for walk in sales of bikes, accessories and private hire.
- Facilitate demos and test rides
- Ensure follow up on all shop sales enquiries and test rides.
- Assess and book in private bike services.
- Respond to all enquiries by email and phone relating to bike and accessory sales, bike hire and private bike servicing
- Ensure the shop area is kept tidy and well stocked at all times.
- Maintain adequate stock of bikes and accessories including ordering from suppliers
- Maintain a tidy and organised stock room.
- Ensure adequate staffing levels in line with business growth
- Check and prepare daily hires both from the public and internally.
- Manage basic accounts and process payments etc
2. Sales & Marketing
- Identify and target new bike sale opportunities as agreed with the Manager
- Research, target and organise group demos and test rides both onsite and offsite with groups including schools, community groups and at cycling events
- Regularly update social media and the website with shop content to drive sales
- Work with the Manager to develop print and promotional material including flyers, brochures and banners
- Build and maintain relationships with regular sales partners such as schools or community group leaders
3. Business Development & Reporting
- Improve existing shop systems and develop new ones to help the shop to grow.
- Select and maintain up-to-date stock and accessories in line with current trends and developments, and in line with the targets and growth of the shop.
- Maintain an awareness of latest bike trends and developments, including visiting trade shows, meeting with sales reps and building relationships with suppliers.
- Assist the Manager with the strategic development and planning for the shop.
- Produce weekly sales summaries and monthly/quarterly reports.
- Assist with recruitment and training of new shop staff.
- Give support to the Manager and the rest of the team as required.