We are the fastest growing cycle retailer and distributor in the GCC and are looking for a new member to join our elite retail team.
The Cycle Hub was started in 2012 and has been striving to develop cycling in Dubai since the start. We have a strong passion for our brands and a close knit team working to bring cycling to the masses in a new and highly competitive market. Dubai isn’t the first place that comes to mind for cycling but the facilities are some of the best in the world and are constantly being expanded to create a safe environment for riders.
Our retail outlet serves as a hub for cyclists, providing knowledge, product and even the region’s first dedicated “paleo” bistro, The Cycle Bistro to create an atmosphere that is unseen elsewhere.
An ideal candidate will have a passion for the brands Specialized and Pinarello along with a strong cycling background. The new team member must be a forward thinking, self-motivated individual who thrives on results and works well in a team. With our demanding client base, delivering an outstanding level of service must be second nature, so knowledge and awareness of all cycling brands is desired. We require an individual that shows proactive promotional and sales methods, excellent communication and negotiation skills and the ability to excel in new and unfamiliar situations.
- Creating and maintaining a professional sales and marketing strategy.
- Scheduling and monitoring the ordering and inventory to meet customer demand.
- Working with management to build, train and certify a team to carry out sales, customer service and rental department functions.
- Managing risk to The Cycle Hub by ensuring all shop employees are trained and certified to the level of work they perform and all work meets The Cycle Hub and vendor quality and safety specifications.
- Preparing and displaying bicycle and bicycle equipment to The Cycle Hub and/or vendor standards.
- Preserving complete and accurate sales records and maintaining record keeping systems.
- Creating and updating a client database including webpage and facebook.
- Acting as liaison between customer, finance, logistics, service and vendor on resolving highest-level problems
- Resolving equipment non-conformity and warranty issues
- Researching and reporting significant quality and safety issues to The Cycle Hub and customers. Advising of alternatives or solutions before proceeding with work.
- Organising marketing events and regular rides to develop the cycling community and further our vision.
- Assisting The Cycle Hub in evaluating staff needs including hiring, scheduling and evaluating staff performance
- Maintaining the various sales resources and ensuring a clean, secure and safe work environment.
- Qualified applicants should have 6-8 years bike shop or race team experience or previous shop management experience is preferred.
- Proven problem-solving ability: effectively identifying, analyzing, following through and resolving issues and a proven ability to show attention to detail
- Interest in working in an environment committed to providing a superior sales and service experience while increasing sales through service.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, motivate and develop others, and build a strong shop team.
- Demonstrated effective communication skills: clear, concise and positive. Proven ability to maintain open and positive relations with employees and customers.
- Demonstrated personal effectiveness and interest in developing own skills and knowledge
- Availability to work a flexible schedule based on business needs, including evenings and weekends
- Experience with SPECIALIZED, PINARELLO, electronic groupsets, cycle fitments, wheel repair, custom builds are preferred
Good people should be provided with benefits that matter - we offer a competitive package which includes:
- Comprehensive health and well-being programs
- A competitive bonus/ incentive program
- Generous gear and merchandise discount
- Paid time off
- Professional growth and development opportunities
TARGET START DATE: August 2018
JOIN OUR MOVEMENT: firstname.lastname@example.org
About Dubai: A cosmopolitan city in the heart of a fast paced and developing part of the Middle East, this is where East and West meet for commerce, art, culture and sport, boasting everything from man-made islands to the world’s tallest tower. A shopper’s paradise, millions of people from all continents flock to buy the latest and those that live here love to revel in high quality and expect the best service. Sit in a restaurant and you could see people from over 160 countries soak up the tax free inviting culture and lifestyle that is unique in sunny Dubai. The beach, the desert, the mountains and the rest of Asia and Europe are just on your doorstep.