ZyroFisher is the leading distributor of Parts, Accessories and Clothing to the UK and Irish cycling markets. We represent over 50 world-class brands whose products are chosen, trusted and tested by Olympic Champions, World Champions and leading athletes across each discipline of our sport. We also design and develop the UK's best-selling cycling apparel brand, Altura.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
Reporting to the Head of Marketing, the Sports Marketing, PR & Events Manager (SMPEM) is responsible for negotiating, managing and maximizing the promotional opportunities for our brands through the relationships with all athlete, Team sporting event partners. They will also lead and manage the public relations efforts in support of the Zyrofisher brand's marketing initiatives with a strong focus on endemic media whilst also growing the appeal of the brands through non-endemic sectors.
Working closely with the Senior Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Manager, building fully integrated marketing plans that support the long-term brand strategies to drive growth.
The expected travel for the Sports Marketing, PR & Events Manager will be 25%, with a flexible approach to work (any 5 days out of 7 per week).
Responsibilities will include:
1. Providing analysis and delivery for sports marketing assets; supporting the identification of potential new assets (both in sports endemic to the brand and potentially those in new territories of growth); manages the productivity of marketing asset investments (fewer, bigger, better); utilises appropriate asset activation tools
2. Assisting the Head of Marketing in building a 3-year sports marketing asset strategy working in accordance with and across the entire portfolio of Zyrofisher brands.
3. Working with finance and the legal sector, lead the negotiation and management of Sports Marketing assets including managing renewals and risks.
4. Working with the Senior Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Manager, to strategically assess current activation of assets across media, experiential marketing, spokespeople, and event properties to identify strategic new spaces where our brands could/should be.
5. Understanding of what is going on in the external sports marketing sponsorship industry, measurement techniques, evaluation/ROI tools, etc.
6. Participating in brand planning to ensure Sports Marketing assets and partnerships are represented and integrated during the planning/briefing phase
7. Measuring, tracking, and evaluating the execution to evolve and inform the strategy and plans moving forward.
8. Interacting with all levels throughout organization including employees and outside vendors/agencies.
9. Developing and executing the annual PR plans to drive the growth and awareness for all Zyrofisher brands through endemic and non-endemic media
10. Working with Senior Marketing Manager and Digital Marketing Manager and internal teams for the ideation, development, and execution of insightful & impactful integrated PR, marketing, and social campaigns that deliver a holistic approach to communicating about the brands and/or key seasonal products.
11. Building and fostering relationships with a network of influencers and consumer media, across all areas of cycling (all disciplines)
12. Effectively manage communication, integration & deliverables of external agency partners and ensure well-managed, timely, impactful execution of PR plans.
13. Measuring and analyzing PR campaigns and coverage to ensure effectiveness and impact on target audience and communicate the outcome to a variety of internal and external audiences.
14. Serving as strategic PR advisor and counsel for internal/external communications and act as a confident, articulate and knowledgeable brand ambassador.
15. Recruiting, managing and monitoring external PR agencies, delivering high impact consumer and trade facing activities to grow interest and demand for the Zyrofisher portfolio of brands.
16. Helping build an over-arching story-telling calendar for the brand, to help facilitate consumer, media & influencer understanding of the brand, products and concepts.
17. Writing press releases, product/story pitches, and manage editorial calendars.
18. Managing strategic development and utilization of PR-specific assets (images, look books), content, toolkits & other innovative forms of communication.
The ideal candidate will live and breathe cycling both on and off road and have:
- A Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in a Sports Marketing and PR role.
- 2 years minimum people management experience, with a clear belief and desire in developing team members.
- Confidence in managing a broad range of people, and the ability to work cross functionally across all departments of the business.
- Excellent organisational and planning skills, with a firm grasp of numbers and budgeting.
- A degree, ideally in marketing.
- A passion for cycling, road/MTB.
- Good connections in the Cycling road and off-road community (athletes/teams/events and media).
- Confidence in communicating and presenting, having excellent verbal and written communication skills an eye for detail and creative mind.
- A full understanding of media needs and media relationships, whilst having a tactical understanding of all primary social media platforms.
- Ability to work in high-stress environments, often for long hours.
- Self-motivation with a positive and professional approach to management.
- A UK driving license and be willing to undertake extensive UK travel.
ZyroFisher’s culture is one of realising and rewarding potential, empowering our team to achieve and we offer a working environment which is dynamic, progressive and supportive. The successful applicant can expect to receive a competitive salary package, performance related bonus opportunities after training, staff discount and a generous holiday package with additional holidays for additional years’ service.
HOW TO APPLY: If you would like to join the team at ZyroFisher and play an important part in our future, please send us your CV and a covering letter explaining why your skills and experience are suited to the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you.
All applications treated with the strictest of confidence. Applications will be held on file for a maximum of 6 months for internal purposes only.
To apply for this position, candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK without restriction.
ZyroFisher is an Equal Opportunities Employer.