Love the outdoors?
At Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they actively escape outside!
Comprising of the well-known high street brands Snow+Rock, Cotswold Outdoor, Cycle Surgery, and Runners Need, we are united by our deep-rooted passion for the outdoors and our commitment to improve customer service every day. We are proud to be specialists with each fascia having its own identity supported by one central back office. By providing the best kit and expert advice, we want to help as many people as possible enjoy their time outside to the full.
With a role at O&CC within one of our stores, you will play an important part in our mission to inspire and support people to get outside. As a Store Manager, you will be responsible for all aspects of day to day running and commercial development of a retail store and the development of a high performing store team.
As a Store Manager your key responsibilities will include:
The Management and development of Our People
· Managing the recruitment process for the store team
· Leading the team by establishing and clearly communicating goals and targets
· Ensuring there is a focus on development and training
Setting the highest standards of Customer Service Excellence
· Ensuring that customer is at the forefront of all decision making
· Ensuring that the correct level of stock depth is maintained on the sales floor
· Implementing promotions and window campaigns in a timely manner.
The management of Finance and Sales
· Ensuring growing profitability through effective merchandising and utilisation of selling space/floor area.
· Monitoring sales performance and analysing sales information
· Planning, organising and controlling appropriate levels of staff coverage.
Compliance with Asset Protection and Health and Safety regulations
· Controlling all systems relating to financial, security and administrative procedures, including regular stock counts in line with company audit procedures
· Complying with company procedures for reconciliation of store takings, security of cash and banking procedures.
· Acting as branch key holder, taking accountability for security of the store premises
· Ensuring the Health and Safety training for yourself and your team is kept up to date.
We want people that demonstrate our company values and, above all, have a passion for the outdoors.
· Customers at the heart of everything
· Brave and Bold
· Passionate experts
· Knowledge of the outdoor retail market
· A proven track record of store management
· Effective use of merchandising and sales reports whilst maintaining a hands-on approach
· An ability to manage yours, and your teams time effectively ensuring the store remains time and cost efficient
· Strong financial acumen, with the ability to read, understand and interpret sales data
An active interest in the outdoors
· Generous 25 Days annual leave plus Bank Holidays
· Childcare vouchers
· Cycle to Work Scheme
· Company pension Scheme
· Generous Staff Discount Scheme
· Training Bursaries
· Amazing volunteering opportunities
We believe there’s no substitute for experience. That’s why we pride ourselves on the fact that we love spending time outdoors, so when you ask us for advice, you know it comes from our real-world experiences.
To encourage our people to get outdoors we have regular camping trips, weekly running clubs, office yoga and outdoor meetings as well as partnering with loads of amazing brands and outdoor enthusiasts such as The National Trust, The Ramblers, BMC, and many more! Our employees live our values and love all things outdoor, click here to see how we spent our winter: https://youtu.be/ue9ucq2SRyA
At Outdoor and Cycle Concepts we believe people are happier when they actively escape outside. Want to join our team and inspire the nation?
To apply please visit https://jobs.oandcc.com/job/store-manager-5/