There has never been a more exciting time to join Canyon Bicycles. Our continued growth in the UK through 2018 means we are again recruiting.
Canyon Bicycles UK Ltd is a subsidiary of Canyon Bicycles in Germany. As the leading online cycle retailer in Europe we have a unique business model in the cycle industry. All Canyon bikes are sold exclusively online at www.canyon.com and shipped direct from our factory in Germany to customers in the UK and Ireland. This model means we can combine great products, German engineering and innovative product development at incredibly competitive prices. Back this up with consistent test winning reviews and you have an opportunity to work for a company that could help define your career.
The Canyon UK provides sales, marketing, customer support and service to the UK market. As an online only business providing the best possible customer service experience is integral to our vision.
To continue our development of Canyon UK further we are expanding our Service and Technical support offering to both new and existing customers. We are looking to add one highly skilled, highly motivated Service Technician to play a key role in exceeding customer expectations.
This is no ordinary Service position. Providing great customer service is the most important part of our plans to grow the Canyon brand in the UK and our Technical Service team are the point of contact for Canyon service, repair and warranty consumers. Based in our Kingston upon Thames Service Centre this role will primarily undertake Technical and Mechanical service along with warranty work across the whole model range of Canyon bicycles.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ownership of general mechanical duties across both Road and MTB platforms
- Willing to attend technical training both in Germany and the UK
- Adoption of predefined timeframes for service works
- Documentation of individual service cases
- Bike cleaning and degreasing
- Active participation in stock taking and ownership of associated processes
- Able to follow predefined processes for work and logistics
- Development and application of customer contact and communication channels
- Service job estimations to customers
- Proactive with regular feedback in Project development meetings
- Revenue target driven
- Act as a contributor to the Customer Service Strategy
- Usage of a varied range of IT systems to include reporting duties
THE PERSON WE’RE LOOKING FOR
We're looking for someone outstanding and exceptional in everything they do with the following skills and experience:
- Great knowledge of bikes, current market trends and future opportunities. It is vital that you're passionate about bikes and have a desire to demonstrate this through the standard of your work.
- A helpful and proactive attitude with a work ethic that is unmatched. You will have a friendly, helpful and efficient manner and can use this to provide industry leading Technical Service to every Canyon consumer. You thrive on challenging service cases and take pride in solving problems.
- Previous workshop experience is essential. CYTECH qualifications are a must. Every Canyon employee must be able to communicate with our customers effectively. It is critical you have a great telephone manner and excellent written skills.
- IT literate across a number of packages with strong organisational and admin skills. Training will be provided in both Germany and our UK office.
- You are tenacious, enthusiastic, passionate, ambitious and committed. These are our basic principles and the standards by which we judge ourselves daily.
What should you do if you think you fit the bill? Get in touch and tell us why you deserve this incredible opportunity.
Closing date for applications Monday 27 August