Job title: Workshop Technician
Department: Brompton Junction London Responsible to: Store Manager
Hours: 40 hours
About the Company
Brompton wants to transform cities. By providing the means to commute or explore with a bike that you can take anywhere and store anywhere we can make cities better places to live in. Our high quality products, combined with resurgence in cycling, means that we are enjoying strong, sustained growth. If we are to continue to thrive we need to recruit great people who can contribute to our ambitious aims. We are a truly global company exporting 80% of our production to 45 countries around the world and intend to produce over 50,000 bikes this year; though we believe we are just getting started. We can offer you a job you won’t find anywhere else.
To ensure that Brompton delivers a first class after-sales support service to the stores customers. Our aim is nothing less than to deliver world class customer service, to match the world class products that we manufacture and sell around the world.
As part of our front-line service delivery team, you’ll be a first point of contact for customers. You’ll be working alongside a team of equally passionate and dedicated people with terrific communication and people skills and a genuine desire to provide excellent customer service. Your duties will be to provide expert maintenance and diagnostic assessments in regard to Brompton bicycles. As the Mechanic you will be responsible for growing the reputation and financial targets for the workshop through developing your tech skills, through innovative events and extending the services that we provide.
· Carry out service work both ‘on the spot’ and booked in repairs.
· Help provide technical support to customers through email, telephone and face to face.
· Ensure accurate repair records are completed ensuring appropriate invoices are raised.
· Help maintain workshop stock levels and order replacements when needed.
· Provide support to the Sales team on the sales floor.
· Process warranties as needed with the help of Brompton Technical.
· To attend supervision, training and meetings as and when required.
Skills and Experience
· High level of knowledge and proven experience with the Brompton Bicycle is essential.
· Excellent customer service skills.
· Be a self-starter who can work unsupervised to high standards and meticulous detail.
· Be a team player who will contribute to the continuous improvement goals of the department as well as the company.
· Be IT literate, preferably including MS Word and Excel.
· Have the right to work in the UK.
· Cytech Level 2 is preferred.
Brompton offers you a very excellent working environment with enthusiastic colleagues who get along very well, communicate and cooperate with each other. The working climate is informal, but we work hard. Next to good terms of employment Brompton offers you the opportunity to work in a responsible and challenging job within a dynamic, international and ambitious environment. We are all proud to be part of Brompton Bicycle; we all share the same passion and dedication to the company and embrace differences in cultural backgrounds and skills.
Huge discount on your very own Brompton (family and friends get discount too)
Position to thrive. Whether you’re early in your career or an experienced professional, Brompton provides you with everything you need to excel in your job and for personal growth. You will be actively encouraged to increase your skillset and to attend relevant events
20 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, increasing the longer you stay with us
Workplace Pension Scheme, Season Ticket Loan, Flexible Working, Cycle to Work Scheme to name just a few…
Birthday Breakfast, Family Fun Days, Christmas Parties, London to Brighton Bike Rides, Charity Raffles, Volunteering with the local community all go towards creating a working environment that is fun and enriching
Uniform: the Company wishes to portray a corporate and professional business image to its clients and customers. It also wants to ensure that clothing is compatible with safe moving and handling practices, reducing the risk of injury. To this end you will be supplied with company shirts that you will be required to wear.
If you feel that you fit within the Brompton team spirit and you can bring talent, innovation and enthusiasm to our workforce then please email your CV and covering letter to the People team, at firstname.lastname@example.org .