Komoot, the route planning and navigation app, is now bringing additional value to its users who track their rides and hikes with Garmin devices.
The new app is available for 40 Garmin devices, including all Connect IQ supported EDGE cycling computers (520, 530, 820, 830, 1000, 1030), all watches including Fenix 5 and newer (except Vivoactive 3), the Oregon 7 series and Gpsmap 66.
This update to the Komoot Garmin app provides users with the ‘familiar Komoot experience’ on their Garmin devices:
– Tours that have been planned in Komoot are easier to find on Garmin devices thanks to additional filtering (by date, location, distance, and sport)
– Highlights that have been recommended or bookmarked on Komoot are now easier to find on Garmin devices too, thanks to the same filtering
– Highlights can be navigated to directly from within the Garmin device
– Bookmarked Komoot collections can be viewed directly from within the Garmin device, and users can directly navigate tours in those collections, or navigate directly to a highlight
– Once the Garmin is offline, downloaded Tours and Highlights can be directly navigated
This means a user’s Komoot profile content is synced across platforms, so they can see the same details whether looking at Komoot on a desktop, in the app on a phone or on a Garmin device.
The new Komoot Garmin app can be downloaded here on the Garmin Connect IQ store.