In the early hours of this morning (Thursday May 3rd) Tring-set Mountain Mania Cycles suffered a break-in.
At around 2.30am six high-end mountain bikes were stolen totalling over £18,000.
The bikes taken include:
- Scott Genius LT 10 Large (2011 model) – £5,000 ("An exceptionally rare bike, there can’t be more than a handful of these in the UK," the shop told BikeBiz)
- Scott Scale 35 Medium (2011 model) – £1,900
- Mondraker Dune R Medium (2011 model) – £3,200
- Mondraker Factor R Medium (2011 model) – £2,600
- Rocky Mountain Slayer 50 18” (2011) – £2,900
- Trek EX 9.7 18.5” (2012 model) – £3,000
If anyone has any information please contact the shop on 01442 822458 or Hertfordshire Police direct, using crime reference D3/12/273. Mountain Mania Cycles is offering a substantial reward for information that leads to conviction of the culprits.
Unfortunately the news follows a further break-in stolen from Mountain Mania's sister shop the The Road Room - a road specialist store two doors away from the mountain bike shop. Again, six (road) bikes were stolen, at around 5.20am on February 1st.
The following bikes were stolen:
- Scott Contessa CR1 Pro 2011 Triple Ultegra 49cm Gloss White/Purple/Orange
- Scott Addict R2 2011 Double Ultegra 56cm Gloss Red/Black
- Scott Addict R3 2011 Double 105 58cm Matt Black
- Scott Foil 20 2012 Compact Ultegra 54cm Matt Black
- Scott CR1 Pro 2012 Compact Ultegra 54cm Matt Red/Black. Non Standard spec, Fulcrum Racing Zero Wheels and Black bar tape one side, red on the other. This also had the Look Keo cleat analysis pedals fitted. Pretty distinctive as it was a staff bike.
- Cube Agree GTC Race 2011 Compact Ultegra 58cm Blue/White