There is just one month left for companies to submit products to the d&i awards which will be held at the Taipei Cycle Show 2020.
The awards have been running for seven years, and all the products selected by an international panel of experts will be presented at the 2020 show.
Until the 16th December 2019, manufacturers and designers from the cycling industry are invited to enter their designs and innovations to be put to the test by the judges in the Taipei Cycle Show d&i awards 2020.
– Complete bicycles
– Parts and components
– Cycling accessories
– E-bikes and drive units
– Smart cycling services
The benefits for winners include:
– Use of the awards logo
– Presence at the awards ceremony
– Space in a dedicated exhibition during the Taipei Cycle Show and online
– A suite of promotional materials
The Taipei Cycle Show team recently returned from Cycle Mode, the B2C event in Japan, which is an exhibition for road, cyclocross, mountain and e-bikes held over three days. Visitors enjoyed a dedicated test-ride course and a series of races for both road and off-road cycling.
Taipei Cycle Show held a conference just before Cycle Mode, where 60 companies and industry specialists attended, including numerous associations promoting local cycling tourism. Ken Takagi from Rising Publishing and Shinoby Miyauchi from an NPO, who focus on road facilities, were invited as speakers. Raymond Chen, director of TAITRA Tokyo Office, gave an overall picture of Taiwan’s bicycle industry as well as a brief history of the Taipei Cycle Show.
Takagi stated that e-bikes would remain a focus for the bicycle and parts manufacturers and pointed out that Taiwanese manufacturers could produce highly competitive e-bike related products. Andrea Wu, TAITRA senior project manager for Taipei Cycle, wrapped up the conference by giving an overview of Taipei Cycle Show 2020 and announced a new exhibition area called ‘Cycling Services’, which aims to help cyclists connect with smart technology.
During Cycle Mode, Taipei Cycle Show set up a pavilion to showcase 30 award winners from previous d&i awards and encourage entry to next year’s awards, along information on Taipei Cycle Show 2020.
Taipei Cycle Show 2020: 4th to 7th March
– Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 and Hall 2
– LEVs and electric systems, e-bikes, IoT solutions and parts
– Brands including Giant, Merida, Shimano, Continental, Dahon, SRAM, Colnago and Bianchi
– Country Pavilions including Japan, Korea and the Confederation of the European Bicycle Industries (CONEBI)
– Regular catwalk fashion shows, supporting exhibiting apparel brands
– Taipei Cycle including Smart Cycling, start-up zone and seminars
– Taipei Cycle Forum sessions, including Trends in the e-bike market
– Taipei Cycle Show d&i awards 2020
– Bike demonstrations throughout the event in the new on-site Demo Area
The Taipei Cycle pre-show press tour included a day of new product launches, with brands including Ciclovation, Kind Shock, TRP, Prowheel, Nuvo, RST, Dare Bikes and Taya, as well as tours around factories including Tektro, Jagwire and Sunrise.