Distributor Peak Development has signed an exclusive deal with EnerPlex to bring its solar charging portable power products to the UK.
Don’t fancy lugging glass solar panels around? Fear not – EnerPlex’s solar panels are based on a shock-resistant and lightweight plastic allowing them to be safely integrated into backpacks, paniers and phone cases. They are reportedly pretty rugged too – one American reviewer shot a Kickr IV solar panel twice with a handgun and then drove over it in his Jeep. It still worked (the solar panel).
One key product from the range is the aforementioned backpack with integrated solar panel – the EnerPlex Packr. In good sunlight its 3 watt solar panel can power up most smartphones in less than five hours, we’re told. The EnerPlex Packr Mountaineer 56 was selected as a finalist for an Outdoor Trade Show Novel Award in the Travel Luggage category, and the show saw the product get much attention, we hear.
- Kickr IV is a foldable, 6 watt solar charger using EnerPlex’s solar on plastic technology which can be attached to anything from a backpack to a tent. In good sunlight the Kickr IV can reportedly charge a USB device at the same rate as a standard wall charger.
- The Packr backpack (for details see above).
- The Surfr iPhone 5 Case is 89 grams and 16mm thick, featuring a 2000 mAh battery pack that more than doubles the life of an iPhone 5.
- The Red Dot design award-winning EnerPlex Jumpr Slate products are sleek high capacity power banks that can be charged from the mains before a trip or from an EnerPlex Solar charger.
- Jumpr Slate 5K is a sleek 5,100 mAh portable power bank coming with a micro USB cable stowed in the side.
- Jumpr Slate 10k has 10,000 mAh portable power bank that will charge smartphones, GPS units, tablets and e-readers. The dual 2.4 amp outlets mean you can charge two devices, even tablets, at the same time.